What Every New Boater Needs To Know

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here Jon I have herd the same. The thing that gets me is that he is so open about it. like it is ok to do and has contacted people about doing it. The funny thing is that he has picked out the lynx and said it was ok to copy and the eagle is not becouse it is worth the wait.

There is two problems out there it is not only the ones that make the splashes but the ones that are buying them. If the splash is represented as the origonal that is understandable. but to buy a splash or copy knowing what it is that is a diffrent thing! As far as I know all the hulls out there are made by the designers except for the lynx and carl leased the molds and that is ok.

It is not wrong to buy or lease the orignal molds to make a hull that is the right way to do it. Maby that is something that we need here is a section where we can list the mfg and what they make and contact info for the hulls and parts that pertain to this hobby

let them make a splash.. you just go out and smoke them and then you don't have to worry about it.

trust me.

chris

You guys sure are patient...it shouldn't take months to get an order filled! I'm sorry for the ill health, and respect someone that's trying to keep a business afloat as a one man show, but that kind of service isn't going to help much...especially if you get charged and still no boat!

I also agree that you should stick with the hobby and don't let one bad experience turn you away for good. Give them a call, straighten things out, and move forward!

You can trust internet stores, I shop them all the time. Check out Radio Controlled Boats.

Cheers!

Gang,

Those of you who know me are aware that I'm involved with Douglas Marine Skater offshore cats. I was involved since day 1 when we only had an 18' tunnel to offer.

Since the introduction of the 24' twin outboard, NO other boats have been splashed more than Skaters. From the old 24 to the 46', there's tons of splashed copies out there. Most of the competition including MTIs are splashes. Most MTIs are a splash of the 36' Skater, just stretched.

Although splashing is a form of flattery to the designer, I know it still sucks, but is a fact of life from people that are too lazy or just don't actually know what they're doing enough to think for themselves.

I do know with the Skaters, all of the copies are JUNK!! There's so many short cuts in the manufacturing details and quality, they're just rattle traps lacking in performance, but not short of bling.

So.... many customers who have tried brand X are coming back with tales of terror.

Some people will always go with the cheap splash just because of cost,( you shop at K Mart too) but the people who know quality and demand the same, will always go for the best.

But the trick is, TO MAKE THE ORIGINAL AVAILABLE when someone does want it. If it's not made available, splashes are your own fault, you left the door open.

Especially after more than 3 years has passed. Even patents run out after time........

Gang,
Those of you who know me are aware that I'm involved with Douglas Marine Skater offshore cats. I was involved since day 1 when we only had an 18' tunnel to offer.

Since the introduction of the 24' twin outboard, NO other boats have been splashed more than Skaters. From the old 24 to the 46', there's tons of splashed copies out there. Most of the competition including MTIs are splashes. Most MTIs are a splash of the 36' Skater, just stretched.

Although splashing is a form of flattery to the designer, I know it still sucks, but is a fact of life from people that are too lazy or just don't actually know what they're doing enough to think for themselves.

I do know with the Skaters, all of the copies are JUNK!! There's so many short cuts in the manufacturing details and quality, they're just rattle traps lacking in performance, but not short of bling.

So.... many customers who have tried brand X are coming back with tales of terror.

Some people will always go with the cheap splash just because of cost,( you shop at K Mart too) but the people who know quality and demand the same, will always go for the best.

But the trick is, TO MAKE THE ORIGINAL AVAILABLE when someone does want it. If it's not made available, splashes are your own fault, you left the door open.

Especially after more than 3 years has passed. Even patents run out after time........
Now on topic,

your boat will come, I'm sure of it. It looks to me, a run of 45s were recently completed. They need to be built in groups per size to manufacture them with efficiency. I'm sure Andy doesn't pic favorites, but they do need to ship by sizes, not by name.

Latest posts

Back