What Every New Boater Needs To Know

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While i can't speak for andy i will say this.

I understand your frustration and while things may not have been handled like they should we need people like andy in our hobby.. remember competition is good.. i am sure andy has been having a ruff time.. I no first hand as i have been having a harder time getting stuff done with my back and leg situation.. I couldn't walk 2 months ago.

So i would suggest that maybe you try to contact them and see about getting your money back. and find another person that sells boats.. that way you get on the water and the frustration settles a little, and once andy gets back and going maybe approach him again if you feel like it.

I know for a fact that this hobby is made up of 90% garage shops for boats and parts.. so when things do happen it will and must take a back seat to whom evers real life situations..

again i don't fault you for feeling this way but merely suggest that until you get a anwser maybe look at another route.

chris

CMDI has followed thru with orders I have placed Recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi steve

sorry to here of your troubles i read that you wanted a tunnel well call john otto 813-651-1840 he is in florida ask about a snipper tunnel or call joe monnahan at 909-838-6158 he lives in big bear ask about a vs-1 tunnel these are both 3.5 tunnels stock or mod on the snipper stock on the vs-1 please dont give up these to men are a one stop shop and if they dont have what you want they will send you to someone who will treat you the same as they treat there customer and friend please go to the march race at leg lake i will be there and so will some of the people that have responded to this if you come ask for a guy named howard i will help you if you want i hate to see a man upset over something like this when it is a lot of fun and challengeing as this hobby.

please again do not give up come to the race and see what or how i or someone else can help you in this hobby

thanks for reading this steve

howard welch jr.

hi steve

sorry to here of your troubles i read that you wanted a tunnel well call john otto 813-651-1840 he is in florida ask about a snipper tunnel or call joe monnahan at 909-838-6158 he lives in big bear ask about a vs-1 tunnel these are both 3.5 tunnels stock or mod on the snipper stock on the vs-1 please dont give up these to men are a one stop shop and if they dont have what you want they will send you to someone who will treat you the same as they treat there customer and friend please go to the march race at leg lake i will be there and so will some of the people that have responded to this if you come ask for a guy named howard i will help you if you want i hate to see a man upset over something like this when it is a lot of fun and challengeing as this hobby.

please again do not give up come to the race and see what or how i or someone else can help you in this hobby

thanks for reading this steve

howard welch jr.
HEY sTEVE THERE IS A GAS RIGGER FOR SALE SGX ON JIMS BOAT DOCK CK IT OUT

all i can say is EBAY you guys are so lucky in the states call up place an order.

some of us are not so lucky i live in the maldives do you know how long shipping takes.

check out our fedex service dhoni 4 days min to travel 50ks

I had an SGX on order.
Steve Anderson
In the 80% SGX thread you said you were interested in a .21 or .45. If you're still interested, send me a PM. I have a .21 and for financial reasons, victim of layoffs, I'm having to drastically reduce my building plans and fleet. It's an 80% kit with all the hardware. Price will be exactly what it cost me.

all i can say is EBAY you guys are so lucky in the states call up place an order. some of us are not so lucky i live in the maldives do you know how long shipping takes.

I think I would put up with four days if she delivered it... heck our FedEx lady looks like the Lunch ladies grandmother.

Joe, I think that is part of Steve's frustration.

I think he feels the people with "names" have been taken care of in a timely manner, and Steve being a new name and relatively unkown has been shuffled to the back of the line.

Just what I'm seeing, from the outside, looking in

I have been here at IW for a number of years and know about CMDI and slow delivery. When I ordered my boat I had no expectations of when I would see it. I never even asked. I don't even have a problem prepaying. I prepaid for the engine and I prepay for stuff for another hobby.
I am mad about three things.

1.They lied about when it would ship two times and caused me all kinds of grief.

2.Then they ship boats to people that ordered months later than I did.

3. Frustration of boat let down for a second time.

Look, don't lie to me. And then don't send other people my stuff after you have told me twice it would ship and didn't.

Steve

Thanks everyone.

I know it is a pain when you have payed for items and you get passed over for bigger names in the hobby.

You are not the first nor will you be the last person it happens too.

Sending lost of emails to the seller can give you some hope.

When you wait years.... it can be fun causing the seller great anguish as he has to have a kick in the ass. ;)

Ps I have not had any problems with Andy . :)

Joe, I think that is part of Steve's frustration.

I think he feels the people with "names" have been taken care of in a timely manner, and Steve being a new name and relatively unkown has been shuffled to the back of the line.

Just what I'm seeing, from the outside, looking in
Not the case, I have Not Purchased a boat from CMDI... But they have shipped me small parts a few times this year that were already in stock. A boat kit would take more time.... I`am a beginner that pays COD & I normally get what I need. It Guarantees Delivery & Payment. P.S I have waited for 7 months to receive a Boat kit. But normally The Communication Line remained Open... No One likes it when the Communication line Stops & you have not Received the kit. Pre-Payment Should always have priority over the others. Names of Who have nothing to do with it... Its Business.

You will go to races and get interested in O/B Tunnels. You will see that a certain boat is way faster than the other ones. Nobody will have them in stock but they have them on order and you can be on the list if you put down a deposit. You will later find out that company doesn't want to make boats anymore. Someone will get the mold for the boat and may make them some day.
You will be bummed, but time will pass and you will talk yourself into getting a rigger. People at the pond will help, just take it slow. You will order your boat knowing it will take some time for them to make it, patience Grass Hopper. To your surprise they email you that the boat is done just waiting for some hardware parts and will ship in a couple days. Now you figure out the number of shipping days and make sure you are home for the five hour period that UPS and FedEx deliver in your area. You don't want it to walk off your porch, right? You do this for two or three weeks and then your credit card bill will show up without a charge for your boat.

The engine you ordered shows up. yeh!

Should you order a radio? No wait 'til the boat shows up.

You are in no hurry because before you ordered it you figured it might take a while, and the more people bug them the less they get done.

Your next credit card bill will show up and it has a charge for your boat. Yeh! they shipped your boat. Um, this was charged almost four weeks ago. It should be here by now! It must be lost.

You send an email to let them know it might be lost. You will get no responce. A couple more days and you call, no answer. After four or five days of worry you send another email. Wasn't shipped yet because they ran out of boom tube material, it will ship in two or three days. Relief! it's not lost.

You never thought you would get your boat this fast, but they will keep getting your hopes up telling you it is shipping in two days. UPS and Fedex will drive past your house every day.

People will post pictures on IW about the boat you ordered and it looks different so you send some PMs about it and ask how long they had to wait for their boat just to get a realistic ETA for your boat. They ordered months after you did and got it already.

You will need more parts from this company to finish your boat. You will need spare parts. You know you will buy lots of boats and boat parts from them. What if you need something and can't practice or race your boat? You will never know if or when you will get your parts because they are liars.

WHY DO PEOPLE LIE ABOUT THIS STUFF!? You never asked when it would ship, they were compelled to lie to you for what reason?

Now you get mad and cancel your order. Still hasn't shipped.

You wish you never ordered that engine because you're through with boats.

PS. I am forty six and thought this was going to be my new long term hobby after a knee injury forced me to stop a sport I did. I loved going to the races. Just like the old karting & moto days. But I am done.

Steve Anderson
hi steve, i have been involved in one way or another with model boating for over 20 years and can tell you i have met some of my dearest friends in this hobby.i know it sucks being told one thing and something else happens.i have know andy for a long time and he and donna are good people who have thier share of ups and downs.

just placed a order with them a few weeks ago and everything was fine.been trying to get them now for awhile and no contact. thier are so many good people in this hobby that will go the extra mile to help you out no matter who or what your name is. maybe you should try a defferent route for now.maybe a used boat until your other deal comes thru.

as far as long term hobbies,this is a great family hobby,good place to spend quality time with friends and family,and i really think you should give it another try.PS, i am also a semi-pro drag racer,and if you think you have bull to deal with in r/c boats, try dealing with some of the idiots in pro racing that i have dealt with,but i still love racing.

good luck in what ever you decide and hope things get better for you in the future. mike costanzo.

all i can say is EBAY you guys are so lucky in the states call up place an order. some of us are not so lucky i live in the maldives do you know how long shipping takes.

I think I would put up with four days if she delivered it... heck our FedEx lady looks like the Lunch ladies grandmother.

thats my lady friend in the pic and she delivers on time always

hi guys

if all very well to vent frustration about the lynx boats but a hand bulit rigger takes time.

if you dont have time to build one and you need one to be built for you then you have to wait.

emailing the builder will only slow the progress for everyone else.

as for the builders

if it takes to long to get them out the door dont complain about people copying your designs if it retails at $300 and can be splashed for $50 theres no need to complain.

CMDi riggers are a quality product and worth waiting for.

LYNX on the other hand can be and will be copyed intill the cows come home because there to hard to get

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showto...;hl=lynx+splash

hi guysif all very well to vent frustration about the lynx boats but a hand bulit rigger takes time.

if you dont have time to build one and you need one to be built for you then you have to wait.

emailing the builder will only slow the progress for everyone else.

as for the builders

if it takes to long to get them out the door dont complain about people copying your designs if it retails at $300 and can be splashed for $50 theres no need to complain.

CMDi riggers are a quality product and worth waiting for.

LYNX on the other hand can be and will be copyed intill the cows come home because there to hard to get

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showto...;hl=lynx+splash

I have been reading this and other threads And this post kinda got under my skin! So you are saying that if a hull is hard to get than it is ok to splash it. Well that is a load of crap. I have been in this hobby for over 25 years now and it was always out of respect that a persons hull was not copied. Now people think it is ok to take someones hull and take measurements and change it a little and change the name and go in to the boat business. Well that is still coping another hull and another load of crap. If you are having a problem with getting your hull that you paied for than ask for a refund. If that does not work call the company of the card you used and let them get involved.

Just becouse you have a hard time getting a hull that is no reason to copy it And that is the reason that you will see less and less new hull desighns out there Becouse of the ones that do the copping, Well let the fun begain and I did not try to Hijack this thread See Ya Jimmy

I entered into an agreement with the owner of the Lynx to make them for him, since there was a demand, and he wasn't making them. I have had a difficult time converting the design to my material system. THe difficulty of that along with some personal family matters have led to the failure of the venture. I posted the thread about the splashed Lynx to inform those that might buy one inadvertantly. The spashed version was not made the same, and was being sold as the original at a premium (more than my price). Well, this venture is over for me. Hopefully the next guy will do a better job than I did. I have plenty to do with the pipes I am making, anyow. I'll let someone try to splash one of those. The funny thing about all this is that I don't own the design. Iwas trying to let the buying public know so that they didn't get taken. Buy whatever you want. When you can't make it run because it is warped over 1/4", don't blame the design.

Time to kick someone else around. I'm done.

Hi Jon Hope you were not thinking that i was talking about you Becoues I was not. It Just burns me how someone will copy a hull Just becouse they want to. sneaky racing seems like he would do that according to his post Maby that is why he chose the name sneakysneakyracing.

Jon I know you did not copy the lynx hulls you leased the molds from carl to make them. that is diffrent.

See Ya Jimmy

I was not replying to you, Jimmy. It was more directed at Sneaky and others. No one is more frustrated with the situation than myself. but this is a hobby for me. I have a very demanding full time job that pays my bills and allows me to do this. I bit off more than I could handle with the other things in my life that I put above my hobby. This endeavor hs cost me somewhere around $6K with nothing to show for it but a pile of scrap materials. Guess I should have just left it alone. From my view, the situation is no different than if I didn't try, with the exception of the lightness in my wallet. I apologize for getting some folks hopes up that the Lynx would be available. I will pass my order list to Carl for the new manufacturer to contact. Those of you that have something coming from me will know what is going on shortly.

The way in which sneaky keeps bringing up the Lynx splash bs makes me wonder if he might have a hand in it.

I have already heard that he is trying to splash one and has contacted some of the folks that have splashes about who was making the splashes, or borrowing a splashed hull to make a splash of that. HMMM, a splash of a splash; that could make for some interesting handling..........

Back