What engine setup would you recomend of these two?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finne

A question for you FE people:

What would give more power/speed you think?

a twin setup with This Engine ?

or one Valkrea 180L ?

If I go with the twins the plan is not to use a gearbox, but two strutts. Even with that it seems alot cheaper then the brushless.

It's for a shallow v-hull of about 2 feet.

The Valkera is a much smaller-format motor, closer to a 380-size; I suspect that it has limited torque and that the twin setup with two 05s will be much faster. Even one of the 05s may be faster. Here the advantage of the BL motor is lack of maintenance and greater efficiency, not power.

You'd be better off to choose a larger BL motor, closer to the size of the 05s. That would level the playing field considerably and you'd gain the advantage of low maintenance and longer run times with the BL setup. All else equal a single motor is usually faster in top speed, the dual may accelerate quicker.

The Valkera is a much smaller-format motor, closer to a 380-size; I suspect that it has limited torque and that the twin setup with two 05s will be much faster. Even one of the 05s may be faster. Here the advantage of the BL motor is lack of maintenance and greater efficiency, not power.

You'd be better off to choose a larger BL motor, closer to the size of the 05s. That would level the playing field considerably and you'd gain the advantage of low maintenance and longer run times with the BL setup. All else equal a single motor is usually faster in top speed, the dual may accelerate quicker.

Thankyou for the reply. I picked that Valkera cause it was the only BL engine remotely close in price and I don't know much at all about brushless engines.

hmm. single engine faster you say? ...but a twin would look sexier. hmm. I shall have to think about this :)

Kelly, you obviously know nothing about what goes on at our monthly HOTMBC adults-only "meetings"....hehehehe ;)

Back