What Does a trophy mean to you?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The older racers have alot of trophys but what about the new peopple coming into the sport like my wife who wants a throphy not a hat.

I prefer plaques and trophies. I actually like the plaques with the pictures on them. That way you can look back at them and see what boats/racers you raced against at that race. These get better as time goes by. :rolleyes: Remember this boat Joe?? LOL

2i27vbs.jpg

I think recycling the old plaques and trophies that people don't want anymore is a great way to cut costs!

Leave the towells and WD40 for the give aways/drawings.

my .02

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
What we do up here is the district gives out a plaque board with (District 8 high point series) on it. Then contestants get small plaques for placing at the races to put on the board. It's clean and neat and doesn't cost alot. On big races like nationals and such I still like getting a nice trophy and I still have room to display them. :blink: Greg

I like to come home with my boats in the same shape i took them to the race in. Thats trophy enough.

I recently threw away sbout three or four good size boxes of trophys and plaques . I like getting them only if I have honestly earned them by thrashing my hardest to get a win or a placement . Don't get me wrong , I like them and the recognition part of the comraderie that we have in this hobby , but trophies that represent "Battles " mean more to me . I still have some old MX trophies from 1974 !!!! Man I'm an old bag !! :lol: :lol: :lol: Personally if a bundle of good rags , a can of WD - 40 , a couple rolls of nice paper towels would help out a lot more !! A photograph always means a lot as well .
Tom, can you imagine what Bill's got in his attic( name tag from kindergarten). :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray...how did you know???...DONT BE DISSIN' THE "K" GARTEN NAME TAG!! :lol: :p

Nah .....cases and cases of "Old Growth vintage Windex " !!! Bill is my main man ...I could not do it at the races without him ............I like messing up his toolbox with all the wrenches in line etc !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
YES YOU DO AND IT MUST STOP OSCAR!!(or is it Felix???....DARN..i forgot which one is which??... :lol: :rolleyes: :blink: :p

I have always thought that since we don't race for money, getting a nice award was really cool. I would say if a club can afford it then do nice trophies or plaques. If sponsorship or club funds are not there then medallions are good. When I was young I ran road races (running) and many times the race awards would be the medallions with a blue, green or red ribbons on them. Those work well for wall space since many of them can be placed on one board. The pictures are nice too and everyone seems to likie them on the trophy.

Hi all,

Trophy's mean to me, a sense of accomplishment in driving skill, boat design, engine knowledge, building skill & overall setup. No pridefulness or bragging rites at all, Just some personal satisfaction of a hobby well done and most importantly to use the all the gained knowledge to help others in the hobby excel too. As far the trophies go , I like the wall plaques. They are easy to store if you need to and you can put them on any convenient wall. Just bang a nail in and hang it. It makes for some nice wallpaper. Trophy's are cool, but the down side is, large to store and you need to put them on a something like a shelve or table. Plus I believe the plaques cost less, which is good for the host club to use the money savings elsewhere.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
RCU has awesome plaques that we get frree from the club if we attend half of the races every year. each race we get a plate with our results from that race.PICT0013.JPG

I will say this, Bruce, Chuck is so proud that he finally won a jacket, and to have two classes on it and not just one.(you know, his old man only has one class on his jackets) He loves it!! So I get to see that pride in what he has won. As for me, The plaques and trophies are memories. Phil, Scott Wadlow, Dean Werges, Mike Schindler, all of them will tell you I am able to recall heats from plaques just by looking at them. The biggest reason I race though, Isnt for the trophies. Its for the great friends I have made for life that I get to see. By the way, St. Louis had cool mugs years ago. Today, We take a picture of the person with the boat. Put it on the computer with our logo, and the date, and of course the class. That way the person can remember what boat he won with, what he looked like, and a background of the lake he won at. There are alot of great Idea's. Just my two cents. Ken

The STL plaque is still one of my favorite ones my first and only perfect score and high point award. With a 20 AC mono. Wish the STL club would get their act together and start hosting races again.

The STL plaque is still one of my favorite ones my first and only perfect score and high point award. With a 20 AC mono. Wish the STL club would get their act together and start hosting races again.
Hey Ken still got your PEPSI can thophy from Mt.Vernon I DO ...... I think memories make the best trophies. Trophies just bring them back............

How about putting the money you would use for trophy's use it to have a nice pig out , eat and spend some time all together and get to no some poeple and just have a good time.

Or 1st place gets a vouchure for a free motel room at the next race :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just kidding.

Nick as long as your there who care's about a trophy buddy , it's all about having fun

Mike

Latest posts

Back