What Does a trophy mean to you?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if we ever raced for cash money it would take the fun right out of it.
take the fun out of racing??!! come on!!! You dont think go carts lawntractor races and other small races give out money?? They do.. Why take out your boat to race and reck or break parts for fun?? Go blow a rod on a CMB or other costly motors.. Prize money helps for repairs and help you get other parts you need to your boat&other expences..I bet if there was prize money you'll see more guys get into these races..=more turnouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
take the fun out of racing??!! come on!!! You dont think go carts lawntractor races and other small races give out money?? They do.. Why take out your boat to race and reck or break parts for fun?? Go blow a rod on a CMB or other costly motors.. Prize money helps for repairs and help you get other parts you need to your boat&other expences..I bet if there was prize money you'll see more guys get into these races..=more turnouts.
You bet for fun!! I got into this knowing I wasn't gonna win any money, so obviously it must have been for fun, friends and and the competitive side in me. I grew up watching these boats race year after year here in Evansville and the first chance I had to jump in, I did! As far as wrecking or breaking parts, without meaning to offend anyone, thats the chance we all take, if you dont wanna take that chance cause you know you may not be able to pay to fix it, then it's simple, dont get into it!! I had a pretty good idea it wasn't gonna be cheap when I got going, I already knew the bug was gonna bite, HARD! I am by no means close to being fiancially well off were I could get MORE MORE MORE, BUT, as long as bills are pd and my family is taken care of (roof, food, heat...ect) I WILL find a way to repair or replace so I can have just as much fun as I was having when I broke it and to get, MORE MORE MORE.

I've only been an IMPBA member since mid-end last year, started with just an RTR and added a scale this year. So something must be telling me I'm having fun, or just down right crazy. Not real sure, but as long as I got the wife's blessing, the bug keeps biting, and I'm still having fun, there ain't no stopping!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

You bet for fun!! I got into this knowing I wasn't gonna win any money, so obviously it must have been for fun, friends and and the competitive side in me. I grew up watching these boats race year after year here in Evansville and the first chance I had to jump in, I did! As far as wrecking or breaking parts, without meaning to offend anyone, thats the chance we all take, if you dont wanna take that chance cause you know you may not be able to pay to fix it, then it's simple, dont get into it!! I had a pretty good idea it wasn't gonna be cheap when I got going, I already knew the bug was gonna bite, HARD! I am by no means close to being fiancially well off were I could get MORE MORE MORE, BUT, as long as bills are pd and my family is taken care of (roof, food, heat...ect) I WILL find a way to repair or replace so I can have just as much fun as I was having when I broke it and to get, MORE MORE MORE.

I've only been an IMPBA member since mid-end last year, started with just an RTR and added a scale this year. So something must be telling me I'm having fun, or just down right crazy. Not real sure, but as long as I got the wife's blessing, the bug keeps biting, and I'm still having fun, there ain't no stopping!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Boy! Do we need more racers like yourself! You obviously get what this hobby is supposed to be all about.....ive been playin with these silly little boats for 25 years and still cant get enough of it...ive raced everything from stock tunnels to scale boats and about a year and a half ago i bought a Miss Vegas for the heck of it and have had an absolute ball racin the thing!! I just wish we could get more of em racin here in Fla. Guess the point im tryin to make is although awards are nice to get is that it IS about the enjoyment that you get out of this hobby, no matter what class you race in...I really enjoyed reading your VERY enthusiastic post! Bill

What does a trophy mean to me? Kindling... Ya, that's right. I use them in the winter to start the fireplace. Just rip the metal off and cut them down a bit. I don't have one trophy in the house at all. I kept them at first but ended up throwing a bunch out that were collecting dust. After that I decided to put them to good use, thus the kindling idea. :blink:

For me, I'd sooner see a table full of prizes. Plugs, fuel, props etc. Let the first place guys pick first and then down the line. Something you can use makes sence to me.

RJ

What does a trophy mean to me? Kindling... Ya, that's right. I use them in the winter to start the fireplace. Just rip the metal off and cut them down a bit. I don't have one trophy in the house at all. I kept them at first but ended up throwing a bunch out that were collecting dust. After that I decided to put them to good use, thus the kindling idea. :blink:
For me, I'd sooner see a table full of prizes. Plugs, fuel, props etc. Let the first place guys pick first and then down the line. Something you can use makes sence to me.

RJ
lol and RJ is telling the truth on this one. I personally like the plaques, I have an "I love Me" wall in the shop the, plaques cover my drywall/paint/mud job.. TJ

lol and RJ is telling the truth on this one. I personally like the plaques, I have an "I love Me" wall in the shop the, plaques cover my drywall/paint/mud job.. TJ
Sounds like you're not exactly a drywall guy Tony! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's ok as I'm with ya. I can lay a Concours finish on a 1/8 scale that'll blind you in the sun but an 8 foot mud/tape line on a sheet of drywall will kick my azz! :p

Me, I like the plaques especially the older ones, makes for great memories with all the people you met and raced with over the years. B)

Latest posts

Back