Mono boat stands...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wasted wages

Supporting Member
Need to build a few boat stands for some Mono's I have sitting around...
Would like a few ideas of what you guys are building or using these days.

Everything from the standard 3/4" PVC pipe, to ones built out of more sturdy and/or exotic materials would be great. Pictures please !!

I remember some from back in the old days that were built out of something like formica covered 3/8" or 1/2" MDF ...those were nice.
Any cutsheets, plans or measurements would be nice too!!

Thanks!!

Bought material from Lowes, squared everything on the mill, fish-mouthed the uprights to accept the tubing and took it to my local welder in town. Mc Master carr has finish end caps. Eliminated the PVC corner joints and Tee's from breaking.

Deano

For several years I have been drawing out simple 2D templates for the V-angle and having master's laser cut in acrylic. I use a router table and flush trim bit to cut marine ply or any wood board into a stand. Drill some 3/4" holes and buy some wood dowel.

For small mono's like 21's I have been direct 3D printing stands in PLA. Sorry I don't have a picture of the actual stand, but here is a screenshot in CAD. I'll add some silicone rubber strip to the areas which contact the hull and on the bottom of the stand so it does not slide around. Probably uses $10-15 worth of material.

3D stand.jpg

My PVC MONO stand has lasted at least 15 years. Easy cheap.
Remember, it’s just a boat stand!

Very true Doc, I have built several "pipe racks" myself out of PVC.. just looking for some nicer alternatives...

Plus, I think it's a good idea that the stand
can be broken down again for shipping.
I've purchased a few boats lately where the seller has a nice stand built for the boat, but the cost to ship it is ridiculous because of the size and it can't be taken apart.
Having the stand break down and lay flat in the bottom of the box along with the boat being shipped makes more sense...

Tom and Tyler's stands (shown above) both look to be built so they can be broken down if needed while adding a little class to our pit equipment.... 👍

b28876c3-3e67-44b4-9d2a-98ed54af3cec-jpeg.311250
View attachment 311247

Attachments

• B28876C3-3E67-44B4-9D2A-98ED54AF3CEC.jpeg
    B28876C3-3E67-44B4-9D2A-98ED54AF3CEC.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 179
One of Tyler's 3D printed mono boat stands. Use a cheap Poplar rod from Lowe's or Home Depot and it is probably cheaper than pvc.

Attachments

• IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1073.JPG
    IMG_1073.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1074 (1).JPG
    IMG_1074 (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back