What do you do for living?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Semi-Retired, Broker/Owner of Carolina Pines RealtyMy Webpage. Enjoying the life with wife and kids, work for gas money for the Harley, Jeeps, Ski boats and other toys. I sure hope the Real Estate market don't crash.....Might have to get a real job!

:p Ihave been in the printing business for 20 years. Print granola bar wrappers 8 to 10 colors,plus laminating 2 webs together and apply cold seal also. Just 10 more years then full pension, oh yea.

Oh yeah sex slave for my wife little pay but great benefits.

Marty hope too see you this summer.

Richie R :p

Retired in sunny Florida after working 40 years in the Maritime Industry. Third Mate to Captain at sea, Senior VP of Miami steamship co., Owner's Rep residing in India for a NYC steamship co., Marine Surveyor in NJ, Port Manager in Saudi Arabia, and Head Dept. of Shipboard Training at the US Merchant Marine Academy.

Raced in APBA for over 30 years. B Utility Outboard to 7 Litre Inboard Hydroplane. Won National Championships and a World Championship and set a 7 Litre World Record.

Don't let anybody say that our RC boats are easier than the big ones. The best thing about what we do is that you don't get hurt. Perry P. Walter, Space Coast Rudder Busters

Previously in the home building supply business, hold many kitchen design awards and became a Certified Kitchen Designer, got away from that stress went into auto parts business and now an assistant parts manager for a medium and heavy duty truck reapair business, my specialty is taking care of all of those expensive motor coaches that come in for service and repairs.........

I'm a Sr Designer for an engineering services company. Our specialty is helping the U.S NAVY design and maintain "stuff" for mine countermeasures and the Special Warfare folks. If I tell you any more, I'd have to shoot you. B) I work with Autocad, Mechanical desktop and Solid edge. I'm about 5 years away from becoming a "Zorrow" myself, then I think i'll follow my passion for motorcycles and custom painting.

Then I assume you work at the Coastal Systems Center. Been there several times myself. Almost moved there in 1989.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Sr Designer for an engineering services company. Our specialty is helping the U.S NAVY design and maintain "stuff" for mine countermeasures and the Special Warfare folks. If I tell you any more, I'd have to shoot you. B) I work with Autocad, Mechanical desktop and Solid edge. I'm about 5 years away from becoming a "Zorrow" myself, then I think i'll follow my passion for motorcycles and custom painting.

Then I assume you work at the Coastal System Center. Been there several times myself. Almost moved there in 1989.
Auto Tech<Mechanic since high school over 32 years FORD MASTER ex service and parts manager needed saturday off so im wrenching well Im a drivabuilty tech mostly computer stuff. Too dam old to pull motors and transaxles lol

Tool @ die maker for a big die cast company in Dayton ,Oh

Dave Roach

Guys,

Toolmaker/model maker.

I started out as a highly trained monkey (AKA, production machine operator, 1500 pcs/shift) in early '94, moved to a short-run CNC production position (5-100 pcs per contract) in mid '95 and moved to the "toolroom" in late '96. Been doing prototype work ever since, along with production fixturing, tooling and gaging for the high volume production departments I started out in. I've since moved on to another employer. I now do prototype work for DOD, DOE, NASA, etc, along with involvement in several "think-tank" arenas involving research into stuff I don't thing even THEY know much about. :ph34r: Most of the work is in inconel, titanium, molybdenum, tungsten, monel, and the usual gambit of stainless steels. I am often given a chunk of material and asked to "cut it, drill it, turn it, whatever....... Tell us what you think" My usual report is something along the lines of "Don't you every give me another piece of whatever that is again!"

I also make alot of parts for you guys when "they" are not looking :p

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Maintenance mechanic 18 years working for a company that makes aluminum powder and paste for the metallic in car paints, inks and also for the government missiles solid booster rockets.

you name it we do it, pipe fitting, welding, fabricating, electrical, 120. 480. 4160, and PLCs

millwright work rebuilding pumps it just goes on and on. this almost feels like a resume lol

http://www.toyala.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/index.html

Business Owner.... General Repair Medium to Heavy Construction Equipment, Cranes up to 100 Ton, Aerial booms, Sizzors & High pressure Air compressors, Bob cats, telescoping boom trks, Engine (diesel-gas), Transmission, Drive line, Electrical,& Hyd work, annual inspections & Fleet maintence contracts & part time R/C boater..

Retired elementary school teacher - 30 1/2 years :)

Fired Chevorlet salesman - 6 months :(

Retired Zamboni operator - 9 1/2 years :lol:

Currently developing and testing model boating stuff for AquaCraft/Hobbico. Senior member of the AquaCraft "Three Stooges" - JD, Grim, and RW ;) .

JD

What the h#%% is a Chevorlet? :lol:

Might of sold more if I knew how to spell the name of the product. ;)

Active Duty Navy 17 years, Boiler technician (steam Power plant operator) 9 years of that Gas turbine technician Mechanical for the last 8 years of which I ran a recruiting station for the last three years. Anyone looking for a highly over reated non certified mechanic let me kno I will retire in 3 years. Navy Dave

Retired elementary school teacher - 30 1/2 years :)

Fired Chevorlet salesman - 6 months :(

Retired Zamboni operator - 9 1/2 years :lol:

Currently developing and testing model boating stuff for AquaCraft/Hobbico. Senior member of the AquaCraft "Three Stooges" - JD, Grim, and RW ;) .

JD

What the h#%% is a Chevorlet? :lol:
And don't forget "It's All Dunny's Fault"!

At the Nats this year, we have to have the 1st annual "default" party for you Dunny:)

I sell boats! :lol: No really! www.hippmarine.com

Everything from Wakeboard Boats to 42' Sport Yachts. I am on the water a lot! Problem with sales is I end up working durring club races... :(

Trained in Texas to become an fighter pilot for the Royal Dutch Airforce. After flying the F-16 decided to a bigger airplane: the B747-400.

Switched from militairy to commercial airline. KLM-Royal Dutch Airline.

At this moment I fly the airplane, inspect it, talk to people, lots of paperwork to mess with, sometimes get dirty hands because planes or parts do break down and simple fixing is also what I do. Need to entertain stewardesses too !!! :lol:

When I feel like it, I run my boats at the CMB pond. ( yep South Carolina)

Ronald.

currently a house husband (WOOOHOOOO!!) , going to school full time and working on a military base part time in a stock room.

have an assoc. degree in Biomedical/instrumentation electronics, but have been a motorcycle mechanic/service manager most of my working life (8years total) Factory trained and certified for Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and BMW.

The wife bring home the real money at this point, She is a Civil Engineer for the Army Corps of Engineers (civillian)

James "kept man" Clegg

Back