What do you do for living?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
branch manager for a company called rockford rigging.. if you need to lift something CALL ME.. we make wire rope sling, cables slings nylons, toe ropes ect.

just sold a chain last week that would pick 100,000 lbs lol..

chris

I just yell at people all day.

I am auctioneer and branch manager for Pickles Auctions in Newcastle, australias largest privately owned auction company.

You can log on to listen to me do my stuff at www.pickles.com.au.

Last edited by a moderator:
retired... USMC [motor-t] for longer than i choose to remember, yacht delivery captain for a few years {Long Island Sound to South Florida and the Keys] seasonally, and guided lower canyons [Rio Grande] river raft trips till the oar's wore me out in '92...

now i play with fast electric boats and complain alot...

Capt'n Ron :angry:

i'm in construction, the first fifteen years i was a framing and trim carpenter, then i quit that and resided with the st. tammany parish school board (maintenence department) in louisiana. it's been fourteen years now, waiting for retirement. plus ownerand designer of the hornet hydros.

Hey Guys,

I am A Sr. Network Security Consulting Engineer for the US Navy and I own my own business Revelation Technology that build/host websites, provide email, Build networks,install phone Systems for small to medium companies. We also do smarthome automation, home theaters, and cabling for private homes and residential home builders. All in the DC Virgnia and Maryland area.

And now going to be a DAD of 2 kids!! :eek:

TD

I'm a Sr Designer for an engineering services company. Our specialty is helping the U.S NAVY design and maintain "stuff" for mine countermeasures and the Special Warfare folks. If I tell you any more, I'd have to shoot you. B) I work with Autocad, Mechanical desktop and Solid edge. I'm about 5 years away from becoming a "Zorrow" myself, then I think i'll follow my passion for motorcycles and custom painting.

I own /manage / operate /design /implement and fabricate /advertise / sell /deliver /critique /warrantee our custom built all welded marine aluminum products . Our scope of work includes electronics installation an customer orientation and hundreds of other services that we should get paid for but don't !! We have 8 employees and need 12 !!

Hi Everybody

I am an under cover police officer with the drug task force !! DAM i guess i just blew that job , know really i am a male model for condom's i am the reason why you shoudn't have kids :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK OK I'm welder fabricater / matience at a gravel pit with 8 ponds for me to test in after work and on the weekends the biggest pond is 90 acre's and it's all spring feed it look's like your running in the ocean.

2nd shift plant production supervisor for Mi-Tech Metals Inc., practically the world's leader in high tungsten alloy metals - used in hundreds of applications including medical, machine tooling, racing, military, and industrial. Some of the heaviest and most dense metal you can get your hands on !!!!

I am the Owner, Office Manager, Head and Only Technician, Parts Manager, Janitor, Floor Sweeper, Garbage Man and Bathroom Attendant for Metric Wrenches Import Auto Repair. Been in Business for 15 Years.

I WORKED IN THE AUTO PARTS BUSINESS FOR 10 YEARS.WENT TO WORK WITH CRAWFORD AND COMPANY INSURANCE ADJUSTERS AS AN APPRAISER IN AUTOS AND HEAVY EQUIPMENT .RETIRED FROM THERE AFTER 26 YEARS.MY WIFE AND MYSELF OPENED AN AUTO BODY AND REPAIR SHOP IN 1991 AND BUSINESS IS BOOMING IN BATON ROUGE,LA. MY TWO SONS NOW RUN THE BODY SHOP AND IM GETTING BACK INTO RUNNING BOATS WHERE I BELONG. :D

Husband and father of 3, that's my best job:)

Secondly;

Own my own business! Hobbico~! Back in October 2005, all us employees were awarded with ownership of Hobbico. Previous owners did not want to see the company torn apart by some unknown who did not understand the industry, so they sold it to us!

http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/051130-hobbico-esop.html

All of us at Hobbico are very, very blessed to become owners of the company. Anybody new starting with Hobbico, after 1 year, also has this same opportunity. You would not believe what a difference this makes. Most everybody in the company has a changed outlook. Most want the best product, best customer service, the best company in the industry, plus the work ethic is improving everyday, it is really awesome!

Personally what I do; for the last 15+ years I have been a Product Manager in the r/c industry;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_management

There is nothing better to develop product that you know will be a lot fun for a customer/family. I have countless memories when I was a kid and building and enjoying the hobby. Knowing you are responsible in making the enjoyment the best it can be is very rewarding.

Very lucky to make my life-long love for the hobby my career and my life, and now my business.

Have fun!

Russ

last 16 years heavy equipment operator truck driver before that i was 1st mate for several barge companies in Tenn have bean bean playing with toy boats since 76 when KB came out with the 3.5 outboards like them the most an most recently learning to type with 2 fingers on the most KILLER sight that was ever thought up i have also gotten to talk with the likes of Jerry D Rod G Jack G an other legends of the sport an have met the Famous Grime Racer :D sorry Mike could not resist an have bean help out by some of the beast people in the sport OBnut Gener thank you all for making this available to use all an answering the silly questions that we all have at one time or another

Marty Slater ;)

I been a auto mechanic for 35 years.also I have a ice cream business,Ice cream trucks that sell cones on the streets. :rolleyes: Nick B)
I laughed so **** hard at that little guy at the keyboard that I almost cracked a rib! Only because I remember how that is....Tyring to get some hokey 3d computer program to do what you want it to. Before my present position at VR&D, I worked in the engineering group with Steris Corp. We custom designed emergency rooms, Opp. lights, remote control opperating tables (some mega $$$ voice activated) all the stainless surgical cabinets etc...

I build R/C tunnel boats full time now.

-Carl,

Co-owner of 10/Tenths Motorsport and Mechanical Engineer. The company provides about anything to do with sports car racing such as re-designing chassis, trackside support, data analysis, driver training etc.

Decided to do what I have always wanted to do full time instead of a side business. Left a sales job when the business slowed due to the market.

Bill Vogeley

Hello all,

I'm stupid enough to own an OEM stainless marine hardware manufacturing business with 60 children(employees). I guess,chief cook & bottle washer you could say.Actually,I'm quite fortunate,I'ts a great business but have been at it for 28 years.It just didn't do it by itself that's for sure.

And, it sure keeps me in toys,so I shouldn't complain.

Very high stress job! That's the down side.

The toys are the escape from madness. ;)

I am an auto technician for a GM dealership. Been at it since 1968, retirement is getting closer every day.

Bob :)

Back