What classes are you running in 2007 ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shark

Lets try something new:

What classes are you guys and gals running in 2007 and which ones do you stand the best chance of winning a championship??

At the end of the year, we can reflect back on how we believed the season would go!!! I know from the bench we can all win, but matching up against the others is a different animal altogether.

Here goes:

I will run only two boats this season:

1) *new* Tiburon-XA hydro, Cmb Valvola power (red head) .21, Airtonics Radio equiptment, props by shoboat, Allan Terry custom tank, XXL rudder assembly.

This class is very competitive in District 19 (namba). Top five boats are all championship capable. To win, I must take the first 4 races out of seven. The eagles in this class are fast and reliable. I need to be consistent, fast and at least 1 or 2 in each heat. I believe I can win this class in 2007.

2) Tiburon-XB hydro, CMB Cam45H power .45, Airtronics equiptment, props by CMDI, Alan terry custom tank, Custom running assembly by R. garcia

This class has shrunk a little bit over the last few years, but there are great competitors still running for the title. Leny Blake is always a challenge and young Brandon Kemple from AZ is just getting on his game. I need to remain consistent and continue winning the majority of heats and I can win this class again for the third year in a row. There will be a couple of new faces in the class this year and that will mix it up a bit.

So, what are you racing???

It sounds like you're talking about district level rather than club level, right? I'm planning to run the following boats:

.21 tunnel (sport and open) - The boat is a TS2 with stock OS engine.

.45 mono - An old Twincraft that's not particularly fast.

Sport 40 - Phil Thomas with a MAC .45.

Sprintcat with OS .81 VR-M - I run this in whatever class works best for that race. That would typically be open cat and open offshore.

Hoping to finish and race:

.21 mono - Seaducer with a MAC .21.

Gas Whiplash - This would obviously be for gas sport hydro.

60/80 Roadrunner - This boat is getting a CMB .80 and will run in open and F hydro classes.

45 Roadrunner extreme copy - Bought from someone, still needs some work to rebuild and get running.

Obviously I won't run every one of these at a a single race. The first 4 are the mainstays and will stay that way until one of the boats that are "under construction" gets finished and proves itself worthy of regular use.

As far as winning a championship goes, I have no hopes of winning anything. I just show up at races and hope to finish. :)

Sport B Tunnel with TS2 and OS OB. No dont thing i'll win much as the boat is still very green (its never been started)

If i get it finished I'll run Crackerbox. Its a zipkit and I'm going to be running a Sikk motor and tune pipe. Again i dont think i'll win all that much since the boat is yet to come off the build table.

I'd like to run my A hydro, and A mono but I dont see all that many races in my area supporting those boats.

Well seeing as how I have never raced before I will be happy to just finish with my boats in one piece.

I will try running one of two hydro's one is a true A hydro which will run in the B hydro class, the other I think I might try putting a .18 in a A hydro tub (should be a little more competitive) in the B hydro class since they don't support A hydro. I also will bring my RTR proboat thundercat with me and race it in what ever class they let me, even if I have to run D hydro i will give it a shot.

The True A hydro (My Micro Rigger) has an OS CV-R .12 , (will have futaba radio), Hughey Hardware and props by me so far.

(this little rigger I hope will run well it has a 1hp engine and the boat is only 2lbs)

My other A hydro will be set a little more for the B class OS TZ turbo .18 (will have futaba radio) props and hardware yet to be determined

My RTR proboat has had some work done to it so we will have to see how it performs, I changed carbs ,prop,tuned pipe and cleaned the engine up alittle on the inside. Also all the lines on the bottom are being sharpened and radio will be changed to futaba (the AM radio that came with it just goes on its own glitch freak outs when it likes)

On top of this I will maybe build a small wildthing and a true B class rigger (gotta finish what I have started and need some money for all this before these last two are gonna happen) the wildthing will just be for fun to race with my friends SV27's (I will take everything I can from a RTR nitro vee that is going to be given to me to build the wildthing(I don't wanna mod a plastic boat thats why I am going to build a wildthing)).

None of my boats are in running order as of yet but I have a until May to get them ready, Its is all ice here right now anyway. If all goes well I should have two boats that have been tested in the water for a month before May. If it is at all possible I would like too have at least one ready to go for a race in April in Oklahoma (but that will be pushing it a little in time and money (travel expenses are an issue here too))

After I have run my two rigger I will prob be needing props and I will be looking for Mark if he could hook me up, I will give plenty of lead time. I am not gonna worry about winning any race anytime soon I am looking for fun for now :)

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I do race tunnel, .21 -so smaller ones in sport and B tunnel, but it's only one race I will attend, CMB tunnel nats. But the first thing I want to do is FINISH with my tunnels.

Then see if I can win something in the end.

Ronald.

Well, I can see why model boating is dying, there are only five of us running boats in 2007!!

A-opc.....Leecraft XTR-21 and K&B SS

B-opc.....Leecraft XT-460 and K&B 7.5 Pro

A-hydro..Eagle SGX and Nova-rossi

B-Hydro..Anderson Mutt II and CMB 45RS

C-Hydro..Eagle SG and Mac 67

X-Hydro..Eagle SG and Mac 84

Sport 20..Phil Thomas SS and Nova-rossi

Sport 40..Anderson Mutt II and CMB 45RS

Scale Unlimited.....Phil Thomas 82 Executone and Picco 67 EXR or Miss US and Mac 67

I'll be busy...... :lol:

Usually competitive in every class......

Duck,

excellent lineup of boats for 2007!!

have a great season!

Rey. my summers are very busy. I have Ice cream trucks and always running here and there :( :blink: :blink: But I have two new boats this year both 45 riggers,one for my son and one for me!! its time to see who is the better driver!!! ;) we will be racing 3, 45 riggers and 2, 21. we will see how it all goes. good luck to all.Nick

After 3 years of waiting I finally got a new schedule at work with both Sat and Sun off starting next week :)

For Sat.

I plan on running my scale 69' Pay N Pak. MAC 67. The boat can run mid 60's w.o.t. the whole course but the driver needs to work on consistency to win.

Also a Crackerbox.....new boat.

For Sun.

G1 Cat, Insane gen-1, very fast....cabable of winning class.

G1 SGX rigger.....new boat

Sport 21.....original design. fast, but at this point a work in progress.

The real challenge is going to be trying to fit all these boats in my car!

Hoping to run this year,with One of four scales, :blink: :blink: either the Miss Exide 2 wing,The T-Plus 2 wing,the 1977 Natural light or the T-6 from Doug Shepherd since the centre is done.I'm undecided since all are under construction except the T-6 which is awaiting arrival.But My 45 corbra rigger is ready for testing,As well as My modded whiplash sport 40.But I was hoping to get my 21 mono done as well but I'm thinking it will go on back burner unless the wife wants to run it like she has mentioned.I have my hands full.WE Will SEE. :blink: :blink: Shann

45 CrapChooter

21 BlackJack

95 Dewalt

My Son will be racing a

21 Mono if he feels like it :lol:

Hey Shann hope you make it to Collingwood this year , great race site and people.

Tim K

Well I actually am cutting back a little this season as 5 classes last year got to be a bit much. So for this year it'll be 1/8th scale of course and no way I wouldn't run my twins or my single in F hydro so those two classes are a lock as they've always been and I hope to repeat as class champ in both again for '07. I will probably alternate a 3rd class between F mono & gas sport hydro. Knowing how I am though something different popping up during the season is always a very real possibility. ;)

Well I actually am cutting back a little this season as 5 classes last year got to be a bit much. So for this year it'll be 1/8th scale of course and no way I wouldn't run my twins or my single in F hydro so those two classes are a lock as they've always been and I hope to repeat as class champ in both again for '07. I will probably alternate a 3rd class between F mono & gas sport hydro. Knowing how I am though something different popping up during the season is always a very real possibility. ;)
For me its mostly going to be the district 14 series, Sport 21 tunnel back to K/B a new Blazer Sport 20 CMB Valvola ,Sport 40 Picco blackhead and Scale trading off between RedMan, a fresh Baker Bud T-4 and Da SPEEDY. Oh an if Chucky and Mr Wadlow want a spankin PINKY will ablidge bur she is tired and restless............. I can win on any given day,give me the start,give me lane 1 give me a lap lead. Oh and give me your radio maybe that will clintch it.......A GREAT 07 TO ALL RACERS......Mikey Ps if i have anything left in the fall i have the green light to head to THE GREAT NorthWest Scale race

I will be running a new BLACKBIRD 21 Hydro this year. ( finally making a new one for myself. ) 67 crapshooter. and hopefully a sport 21 w/ a nova if i can get they guy to call me back.

chris

Namba dist3 -

WCRA Series(complete)

select 2 day races

40 Mono Seaducer/ Mac -should be competative in both- ;)

Sport 21- Phil Thomas SS21/greenhead CMB - never seen the water yet (big question mark) :blink:

Shopping for A or B hydro. (got the itch) ;)

IMPBA classes:

Sport 20 tunnel-Leecraft XT120/OS .21

20 mod tunnel-HTB290/CMB RS .21

45 mod tunnel-HTB360/K&B .45

67 mod tunnel-Leecraft XT460/K&B .46

80/90 tunnel-HTB360/OPS .80

Sport 20 hydro-Aquacraft/Traxxas 3.3

20 mono-Microburst/CMB .21

i will run my same 2 boats. 20 hawk hydro and built in 1990 1/8 scale hydro. i dont go to a race expecting or hoping to win anything. i dont even track the points during the weekend , i go to have some fun. and run some races with out getting in trouble. i,ve had people come up and say, do you know all you have to do is get a 3rd and you will win?? i wish they never would have told me. personally, i'd rather find out at the tropy presentation. this is my hobby, not my life.

i had one guy look at my trophy collection, he says "i gotta win." look at this. i told him he needed an attitude adjustment. he didn't get it. when i explained it to him, he couldnt believe i didnt go to every race wanting to win. i told him i went to every race HOPING to finish at least last in every heat................

think about it.

i will run my same 2 boats. 20 hawk hydro and built in 1990 1/8 scale hydro. i dont go to a race expecting or hoping to win anything. i dont even track the points during the weekend , i go to have some fun. and run some races with out getting in trouble. i,ve had people come up and say, do you know all you have to do is get a 3rd and you will win?? i wish they never would have told me. personally, i'd rather find out at the tropy presentation. this is my hobby, not my life.i had one guy look at my trophy collection, he says "i gotta win." look at this. i told him he needed an attitude adjustment. he didn't get it. when i explained it to him, he couldnt believe i didnt go to every race wanting to win. i told him i went to every race HOPING to finish at least last in every heat................

think about it.
Yo Dan i think you wet your pants at CINCY last year a heat win very impressive Mikey

Latest posts

Back