waterproofing tip

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stlwolf

here is a little tip that might help someone, try using liquid electrial tape for sealing anything you want to waterproof, such as wires,small cracks,servo leads. when it dries, it remains flexable. u can find it at hardware stores under the name "starbrite liquid electrial tape" price is around $5-6, and it lasts a long time. 8)

THats a good tip, thanks

I have used dielectric grease in servos for testing, and it seems to be working well.

Great tip! I've used Plasti-dip (for making rubber handles on pliers, screwdrivers, etc.), but it's pretty thick.

How thick is the Starbrite?

its not real thick, so its best to use a couple of coats (2-3) it has a small brush attached to the lid, so its pretty easy to use, i also use it over small nuts and screws so it kinda helps lock things down but is real easy to get them off, i once had a problem on my bass boat with the wing nuts backing off the batt, a couple of brushings with that stuff, no more problem, and no more cleaning the terminals on the batt.

Back