Want to see what $1200 worth of LiPos look like?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well First I wasn't there....

But I have spoken with Herb , he was telling me about his 77 MPH 1/8th scale run, he saidf that when his boat flipped the batteries ended up shorting with each other, there is a TREMENDOUS amount of stored power here.

I have flipped my scale boat a dozen times in Valdosta and the bats DID get wet however the batts are strapped and also cushioned and luckily enough nothing happened. I did see a set of packs "boil" but again there was NO open flames etc. a LOT of smoke

I have also seen a 32 cell NIMH set up short out and it was equally as scary! the batts shorted on the carbon fiber supports and well the rest is history, I'd say those lipos were deliveruing power even under water, but the water itself wasn't the cause. Herb did not mention rupturing but that could have been a possibility.

using common sense is the key, I am sure folks smoke ciggy's and fill their lawnmowers too, ( y'all watch this LOL)

Lipos are as safe as anything else when used properly

Mike has the theory lipo and gas dont mix i will stick with my old school batteries not worth the hassle.

Mark Bullard - we have a similar story in my office (office equipment tech support) - "releasing the compressed smoke!"

I couldn't quite tell from the pics but is the boat in question painted a "deep purple" color? :lol:

The latest in attire for today's FE racer and pit person:

Fire_Proof_Suit.jpg

You guys forgot the metal gauntlets in case the prop meets the hands...... and the positive pressure breathing apparatus, too!

Those boots won't be white for long around here........ :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoke on the Water Fire in the Sky
(that part was easy so I am taking the next one)

We ended up at the Grand Hotel :)
It was empty cold and bare..... :p
Frank Zappa and the Mothers had the best place around. :D :D :D B) B)
That actually was not the next verse. :p
That's right but usually the crowd is so stoned to the bejesus they never would known :) Well maybe some of them would......DON! LOL:)

Back