North Carolina boat ponds?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally, I am over in Asheville about 1.25hr west of you. I drive to North Statesville where a friend has a private pond. It's near "Love Valley" if you want to google it on a map. I am sure he will see this and can chime in. There is also a local club forming (Carolina RC Water Burners) in Charlotte run by Mitch Stinson. He has a lake identified near Shad's Landing in Charlotte. I have not been there so cannot comment on it.

Atlanta is the closest official pond that runs/races regularly. I don't know how active the Elizabeth City group is. They are a way due East.
The Charleston club is also a fair drive away, but still hold races.

i live in elizabeth city and have not seen ANYONE. if you know of someone LET ME KNOW i would like to stop by

Yeah Tyler - I’m looking for a place where I can do some testing. Attending a record trial there’s no time or open water time to be dialing a boat in. Chris that’s a shame Elizabeth city is a great stretch of water with straight banks

summerfield nc... my bad. The lake we raced was off NC 220 hwy north . had to jog my memory its the lake in walnut Cove Nc. fast water just had a bad dirt road to get to it.

Last edited:
Back