Virus

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick M

Every time that I log on to IW, my Antivirus program detects and quarantines a Trojan Horse virus. Happens every time that I navigate to another page or section of IW, also. AV id's it as "Trojan Horse generic ADV". Anyone else having this problem?

Every time that I log on to IW, my Antivirus program detects and quarantines a Trojan Horse virus. Happens every time that I navigate to another page or section of IW, also. AV id's it as "Trojan Horse generic ADV". Anyone else having this problem?
Id go to wwwifilehippo.com and download AVG 8.0 software since ive done that my computer stays clean as a whistle

i also use avg. wasn't that impressed with it, wouldn't detect stuff that ADAWARE will. just downloaded avg 8.0 last week, much better, but adaware still finds stuff that avg 8.0 ignores..............adaware is also free, & scans much faster than avg. i have learned not to trust just 1 anti virus software, i run a few back to back, you'd be amazed at what 1 will ignore & another will find ;) .

No problems with detecting and eliminating the virus using Trend Micro.

My post is aimed more at determining why the bug is (or was) loading through the IW website...... and to bring it to the attn of admin.

No problems today, so far.....

I have had no problems on I/W at all and I don't believe the site is the source of the problem. That trojan may well be the result of a worm since they replicate themselves in many locations on your system. I ran into a particularly nasty worm/trojan a few months back. **** thing turned off automatic updates and would not let you re-enable. Ended up trying Superantispyware and was amazed what McAfee did not detect and clean. One of the Microsoft operating system gurus gave me the lead. Viral intrusions are getting very sophisicated.

Bill

The worm deal sounds logical, had to clean 30+ files to eliminate it, some of which were temp internet files. If any of the tif's or cookies were related to IW it would pop up every time the file was opened. Odd that it would only affect IW, though....

Last edited by a moderator:
They're getting sneakier all the time. I had a message come up that there was an update for a media player and to download. After clicking on it I ended up with a fake IE Anti-Virus 2008 program that I'm still struggling to remove.

I've got at least 4 other anti-virus programs loaded and some are telling me that others are putting spyware and trojans into my computer. This doesn't surprise me as they have to show that they're working.

I use windows One Care, it's cheper than most of the stuff out there and runs in the background with very little slow down which means that you can continue to work while it does defrags or scanning for viruses and spyware, I know I know it's from Microsoft but hey...if your using a PC your probably running Windows anyway who better protect your OS than the peole that make it. My 2 cents, it's works awesome and has a tune up utility.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
They're getting sneakier all the time. I had a message come up that there was an update for a media player and to download. After clicking on it I ended up with a fake IE Anti-Virus 2008 program that I'm still struggling to remove.I've got at least 4 other anti-virus programs loaded and some are telling me that others are putting spyware and trojans into my computer. This doesn't surprise me as they have to show that they're working.
Ron,

That Anti-Virus 2008 is what started all my problems initially. Superantispyware.com killed that. I tried the One-Care product and it found a lot but system was still infected. For adventurous folks, there is a free product called HiJackThis (v2.0.2) out there that let's you see the registry in english. If you use it, make note of your RUN: statements. These programs execute at system startup and that is one way they keep reinfecting. If you know what should be running on your system, this product can safely remove the bogus ones. As with all these products, make sure you reboot immediately cleaning.

Just trying to help here.

Bill

Guy's

just some info on that Anti virus 2008 also called XP 2008.

maybe a bit late but it might prevent others from installing it.

That XP anti virus 2008 affects XP and Vista, who ever (actually they are quite a few) designed that program/Virus went all out.

Everything was designed to make it looked like it is ligit, pages, Icons, etc... they even designed the support web page (functional) with phone numbers etc.

the program disable's all your already installed AV's and spyware (even if you can still see them) they will not work, it is unfortunate that a good number of people paid to get the full program thinking it will solve their problems (thats what the virus is, they want your money).

Some people have removed this problem very easily while others are having the hardest time.

I was lucky that I did not installed it on my computer because my Son installed it on is Laptop first (he's running Vista), I was able to remove it by uninstalling the program and than I did a System restore (I went back a full month).

Do a search, there are quite a bit of info regarding steps for removal.

Good luck guy's

Dan.

Latest posts

Back