Vintage Mono Hull's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, It's a 14.5 ft Enthrope hull circa 1966 with a 6 cylinder Quincy Looper "Alky" engine . In the days before tuned pipes we ran megaphones. On the loopers each cylinder had 2 exhaust ports and they converged from a "Y" to one megaphone
I did a little research on the Quincy Looper engines, very interesting legacy. Never knew anything about thishttp://www.quincylooperracing.us/gpage.html

Thanks, It's a 14.5 ft Enthrope hull circa 1966 with a 6 cylinder Quincy Looper "Alky" engine . In the days before tuned pipes we ran megaphones. On the loopers each cylinder had 2 exhaust ports and they converged from a "Y" to one megaphone
I did a little research on the Quincy Looper engines, very interesting legacy. Never knew anything about thishttp://www.quincyloo...g.us/gpage.html
Yes, I've seen the site and all the pics - great memories. Did you know that Ed Kalfus (IMPBA) built his own engines and they were looper style with steel rods and two exhaust ports.Thanks, John

I saw him run that at a Can Am one year, in the early 80's. What a machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
john, love your avatar pic :D .
Thanks, It's a 14.5 ft Enthrope hull circa 1966 with a 6 cylinder Quincy Looper "Alky" engine . In the days before tuned pipes we ran megaphones. On the loopers each cylinder had 2 exhaust ports and they converged from a "Y" to one megaphone. It sounded like a siron going across the lake. Tuning the carbs (3 of them) was a trip, can you imagine one guy driving the other (fairing was off) in the back turning the needles at 110mph!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, John
jkzygn.jpg

j97qpt.jpg

8z1tzl.jpg

A few favorites .

Beautiful mono. Hey look at the lines of this mono I dug up from gils gallery: View attachment 34915

id take that current too. Sleek as heck.

• Wonder will anyone be switching back to sub-surface drives? I wouldnt be surprized at all.
Looks like a 3 - D Ruffstuff , still have one and a 45 size Demon .
Still have my 3D rough Stuff 40 ( 1st gen that was cut from the .60 boat) - retired - 1st boat I raced

Also have a modd 3D rough stuff .60

what would an old youngblood be worth? I have a chance to buy this? also I still have an old Dumas sorcerer kit NIB

youngblood 40.jpg

dumas sorcerer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what would an old youngblood be worth? I have a chance to buy this? also I still have an old Dumas sorcerer kit NIB
depends on condition. I believe a brand-new hull (without hardware) went for maybe ~ $150.00 . It would definitely be worth running if it's in decent condition (especially if never-run).

The picture on the first page posted by Hugh Hargett is of an old friend of mine Doug Floyd with his Sightler. Taken in early 80's in St Petersburg. I was there also running a Sightler. Doug was a long time good friend of Neil Sightler and they developed the Sightler hulls together. I remember Doug showing up with a sightler for the first time at a race at the old Stone Mountain lake. He lapped everybody and the rest is history. At the time i was racing eitther a Ward Craft or 3D - to long ago to remember.

Ed

A rare Northwind 40 mono. Powered by an original K&B 40 Marine (non-schneurle ported) side-exhaust engine.

Not sure if the builder installed engine/mount in correct location, it looks to be very much forward of CG. The fuel tank is aft of the engine.

March2014_Northwind40_01.JPG

Thought I would add a couple pics for the 3D crowd...lol. This is my 60 -80 Rough Stuff version 1

Also have a .45 size that I started racing with. Ran the .45 boat with a Picco and a speedmaster surface drive. Was plenty fast but by the end of the straight it was rocking from freeboard to freeboard due to the full length chines/ strakes.

Still looking to someday remove the rear part of the chines/strakes and race it again.

Might need a vintage class...lol

IMG_1011-1.jpg

IMG_1012-1.jpg

IMG_1013-1.jpg

Back