Vintage Mono Hull's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vintage "smintage" david those nice hulls would still be in the water if they were mine. Looking at the lines of the tripple8 that thing will still compete today. Especially since the rules havent allowed any new mono designs anyway :lol: .Slap a new motor or brushless setup in that girl and run her if you still got it.

Last edited:
D@@n right it does. Beautiful V hull with a nice tipped bow. Will you still be spinning sub surface or are you going to impliment the newer hardware setups in a mono?

Last edited:
I prefer sub-surface, seems to run more stable overall.

I believe I have this one set at 5/8 inch drop parallel. OPS 45 w/exhaust throttle, straight speed venturi. Octura X447 prop. Beautiful running boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish. These were designed and manufactured by Jim Youngblood and were very popular back in the 80's/90's. Not sure if Jim is still around? Wonder what became of the molds?

Anyone around still making those hulls? or got a mold?
I also own a Steve Muck "Super Streaker" low profile vee hull (.65 -.90 capacity). I believe 41in length, Very nice lines, and performs as well as the Youngblood. If you can get your hands on a decent condition hull it would be worth it. I will post a few images of mine when I get a chance.

I have a used 41 inch super streaker hull in my garage, complete with tanks, trim tabs and a turn fin. If you would like it, let me know. I even have the instruction sheets that go with it.

[email protected]

Mike

Beautiful mono. Hey look at the lines of this mono I dug up from gils gallery: normal_DSC00976.jpg

id take that current too. Sleek as heck.

• Wonder will anyone be switching back to sub-surface drives? I wouldnt be surprized at all.

Last edited:
Hey guys I too have a Youngblood hull ran an ops 67 in it . Very fast in the straights but it did not turn very well.

If you are talking old monos how about John finch twin craft. They were the tops for quite a while.

Hey guys I too have a Youngblood hull ran an ops 67 in it . Very fast in the straights but it did not turn very well
yeah, that's why I stuck with sub-surface drive, seemed to provide a little more stability in turns.
The Youngblood hulls were designed, and intended, for surface-drive. But I didi'nt like the way they behaved. You have to drop the throttle in the turns signiifcantly to prevent turn-over or hooking.

If you are talking old monos how about John finch twin craft. They were the tops for quite a while
yes, TwinnCraft was very popular

Here are a few pics of my vintage Twincraft.

401344317.jpg

401344318.jpg

401344319.jpg

I will try to post more pics this weekend of my vintage fleet. Husselcrafts, Youngbloods, Mucks, Witchcrafts, Excaliburs. Man I guess I never could get rid of anything....

Dusty

100_7368.JPG100_7365.JPG

Since you all are on the topic of "vintage Mono's", how about a few vintage vee's, My future projects, Prather Offshore Deep Vee's, in all three sizes, 31", 40", and 46", gonna have fun with these!

Back