Vintage Mono Hull's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mountain hobbies .com for a new youngblood hull check it out
wow, just viewed these mono hulls. Curious if they are actually fabricated from original Youngblood molds? (they sure look like Youngblood design) Would be nice to see bottom design. Only 32inch and 45inch available.

Great price value. Carbon fibre option also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I would add a couple pics for the 3D crowd...lol. This is my 60 -80 Rough Stuff version 1

Still looking to someday remove the rear part of the chines/strakes and race it again.

Might need a vintage class...lol
what is the length of the 60/80 boat? looks pretty long
Dave, that hull is about 47" . someone was nice enough to cut down the freeboard already. really need to stick a gasser in it.

I was told by Toms son the 47" hull was cut down and made into the 40. That mold burned up long ago. Not a lot of the 40 version 1 were made. I got mine from a friend who used to run a K%b .21 outboard on it. He also had a 3D Demon with an OPS 90 in it. He sold that years ago

Beautiful mono. Hey look at the lines of this mono I dug up from gils gallery:
attachicon.gif
normal_DSC00976.jpg

id take that current too. Sleek as heck.

• Wonder will anyone be switching back to sub-surface drives? I wouldnt be surprized at all.
Hugh any chance you can blow that picture up? Curious what it is dont think its a 3D ..the chines are to short for a Gen 1...Twin Craft?

Beautiful mono. Hey look at the lines of this mono I dug up from gils gallery:
attachicon.gif
normal_DSC00976.jpg

id take that current too. Sleek as heck.

• Wonder will anyone be switching back to sub-surface drives? I wouldnt be surprized at all.
Hugh any chance you can blow that picture up? Curious what it is dont think its a 3D ..the chines are to short for a Gen 1...Twin Craft?
It's actually an Ed Fisher "Bounty Hunter" mono. Produced back in 1980's. I believe it was 42in - 44in length, and .67 - .90 engine range. Comparable to the Steve Muck "Super Streaker" 44in mono.

Haven't heard of anyone talk of the Hi Point Mono. I have one in my shop with about 2" of dust on it.

This is Doug Floyd. It is not an Ed Fisher Mono called the bounty hunter. Doug named it the Bounty Hunter 2. It is OPS .90 powered. It is a Sightler. Doug only ran Sightlers and only OPS motors - note the OPS tee shirt. He helped develop the Sightler with Neal Sightler. The picture was taken at , a St Petersburg race in the 80's. I was there when this picture was taken, also running Sightlers. See my earlier post.

High Point boats was Bob Copeland Atlanta Georgia.

Rick: Mike SR. probably remembers him. We all ran together back then.

This is Doug Floyd. It is not an Ed Fisher Mono called the bounty hunter. Doug named it the Bounty Hunter 2. It is OPS .90 powered. It is a Sightler. Doug only ran Sightlers and only OPS motors
here's an interesting article written by Howard Power, "Power Boating" column, published by RCModeler Magazine (December 1984). Referencing the "Bounty Hunter 40" mono, produced by Richlen Inc., RC Boats (New Jersey). Very similiar to the Sightler mono's.

RCModelerMagazine_PowerBoating_BountyHunterMono_Dec1984_Reduced_01.jpg

BountyHunter_SightlerMono-67,90_OPS-90_Doug Floyd_01.jpg

Has anyone tried a 21 northwind with modern hardware? I have a in built one still in the box.

Thanks
had one years ago (1975-ish), powered by a SuperTigre .21 w/Octura Kool Klamp. They were very unique mono design for the time. Would love to see one run with current .21 engine and hardware set-up.

I bought this in 2000/2001,,,No I sold this hull long ago ,,it was a very smooth handling boat..I did have a Youngblood back in 1995 though ,,,,

David

I just dusted off my 38 in Youngblood mono and it's running pretty well. It has a mildly modded 65 CMB silver head in it. I replaced the strut with a cut down Speedmaster stinger. It is the hull with the delta pad and built in trim tabs. I replaced the tabs with Speedmaster tabs. I clocked it at 61 mph with a gps. I'm running an X 455 prop but I think if I lift the X 457 up a bit it will work. I'll have to post pics and a video. Love to see the old monos. A friend of mine has a mold for a larger Youngblood mono. I forget the length.

hey guys havent been here in a while but seen this post and thought i share my old boats i have here is 2 50in mucks and a 47 twin craft i have

I can't believe that they ran the Internat's at Flint as there isn't a lot of room there but they did. Rick ,you might remember Dave Homer then as he raced there. the last that I knew he still has the .21 3-D hull and maybe the bigger one that he ran an OPS .80 in but he somehow punched a hole in the deck. The .21 with a K&B was fun to watch as it'd roll over in the turns and keep on going! I think that the last time it was raced was at a Saginaw race a good 10 years ago. It still ran well with that tired K&B in it.

hey guys havent been here in a while but seen this post and thought i share my old boats i have here is 2 50in mucks and a 47 twin craft i have
those Steve Muck hulls run very well. I still have a Muck, Spartan Streaker (39in) powered by a Rossi R65 Marine, scary fast, and fairly stable running in all conditions.

Latest posts

Back