Vintage Mono Hull's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have my first boat,blue metal flake Sightler OPS 40(not 45),and my mothers red metal flake Sightler(OS MAX 46) both are going on 35 yrs. old...WOW...

I still have my first boat,blue metal flake Sightler OPS 40(not 45),and my mothers red metal flake Sightler(OS MAX 46) both are going on 35 yrs. old...WOW...
35 Years Old???? You must a been a toddler running that thing
Yes Rick I was 12...that is what is so great seeing these young men starting to race at that age...the kids can not believe you can have that much fun with something besides a computer lol...almost 35 yrs...in 2 more it will be...hard to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my first mono, but fits the vintage era...

I got this in 1981...Steve Muck 40 Streaker

It has the smallest of turn fins, smaller than an average size fingernail right in the center of the vee

(Thanks to Gil S' gallery for the advertisement picture)

Streaker Advertisement.jpg

40 streaker.JPG

Not my first mono, but fits the vintage era...

I got this in 1981...Steve Muck 40 Streaker

It has the smallest of turn fins, smaller than an average size fingernail right in the center of the vee

(Thanks to Gil S' gallery for the advertisement picture)
wow that is vintage. I believe those were Steve Muck's first mono kits? Kind of neat seeing those original advertisemet images, totally brings back memories............

I won an AB Mono 1st place trophy at the 1978 Can-Am in Flint running a Dumas SK Daddle 21. Bouncy little thing needed lots of those plates behind the transom to hold it on the water.

Beautiful mono. Hey look at the lines of this mono I dug up from gils gallery: View attachment 34915

id take that current too. Sleek as heck.

• Wonder will anyone be switching back to sub-surface drives? I wouldnt be surprized at all.
Looks like a 3 - D Ruffstuff , still have one and a 45 size Demon .
Hi Tom,

Do you know that all the molds & many 3D models are within miles of you. We got together with Tom Daniels' wife Lois and both of their sons. Each work in the marine industry after market. Craig (their oldest son) turned 50 this year. He is finishing a revision of a full sized hull that Tom built and ran a Lake X (Keikhaefer test lake in FL). The goal was to run 50mph with a stock 50hp engine.

John

john, love your avatar pic :D .
Thanks, It's a 14.5 ft Enthrope hull circa 1966 with a 6 cylinder Quincy Looper "Alky" engine . In the days before tuned pipes we ran megaphones. On the loopers each cylinder had 2 exhaust ports and they converged from a "Y" to one megaphone. It sounded like a siron going across the lake. Tuning the carbs (3 of them) was a trip, can you imagine one guy driving the other (fairing was off) in the back turning the needles at 110mph!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, John

john, i grew up in miami in the 50's & 60's. i well remember stackers, anzani's & quicy's parts & engines; mounted on mccalls, switzercrafts, cut down critchfields, & even the magnum missles. yup, tuning them & setting total advance was exciting to say the least :eek: !! went to omc factory training right out of hogh school, back in '69. worked for dave craig when he ran the miss skyway switzer wing. fun times........

Last edited by a moderator:
john, i grew up in miami in the 50's & 60's. i well remember stackers, anzani's & quicy's parts & engines; mounted on mccalls, switzercrafts, cut down critchfields, & even the magnum missles. yup, tuning them & setting total advance was exciting to say the least :eek: !! went to omc factory training right out of hogh school, back in '69. worked for dave craig when he ran the miss skyway switzer wing. fun times........
Do you remember seeing a V-4 OMC engine with big "Greeves blooy pipes (4 inch straight pipes)? I ran a lot of APBA & NOA races back then, had Swifts, Sid Craft, Sidson, Byercraft,Hedlun and Mason hulls. Had some great Loopers, also Koenigs. If you went to a two day race and you were running up front with the big dogs, you didn't go to dinner on Saturday night because you were rebuilding engines. We built granade engines that had just 3 heats in them and they would melt a piston as you finished the 3rd heat. We learned about Koenig engines from go carts, my dad and uncle put one in a c super for us, great engines. Crazy - my brother and I actually put a 48cu.in Crosley in a cart with direct drive - no clutch!!!! God only knows why I'm still alive!!!!! Great times and better memories!!!! The props on the F boat were "Record" wheels from Italy and we did try some Cary props but the Records ran better, yes you had to lift (great pit crews) them out of the water to start them - just like the toy boats.Thanks, John

Here is something old from Norway.

Norwegian design, Rossi 21 engine.

Picture taken 1982 in my perants livingroom

noname.jpg

Back