Used Geraghty Carbs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraghty

I have been receiving a rash of phone calls concerning the carbs I used to make.

Since I discontinued manufacturing carbs,there has been some increased activity concerning some of my used carbs out there in the marketplace.For what reason the activity has increased,I don't have a clue.

I built over 1000 carbs and still get requests for new ones on a regular basis so there quite a few out there still in play.

Heres the problem..........Every phone call I have received has been from a boater that had bought a used Geraghty carb,and he says it doesn't work worth a dam and by the time they finally contact me,their frustration level is about about the level eight.

"Every" one of these carbs in question had been modified and "destroyed" by some carb expert out there. They all had been re-bored to a significantly larger size.Contrary to popular belief,carbs are not made better by running giant drills through them.

If you are thinking about buying a used Geraghty Carb,here are some guidelines.........

My small body carbs.......

I "never" made a 3.5CC carb with a bore larger than .310" and in fact 98% of the 3.5 carbs I had made were .295" bore.

I "never " made a 7.5CC carb with a bore larger than .350" and in fact 99.5% of the 7.5 carbs I made were .343" bore.

My big body carbs have not had the same problem so far but if they do become a problem I will post those bore sizes also.

If you buy a Geraghty carb with bore size larger than the ones I have listed, there is a 98% chance you are purchasing a P.O.S.The carb will not go any faster on the top end and the throttleability of the carb will be absolutely non-exsistant.

I really do not appreciate someone drilling one of my carbs,destroying it and then passing it on to some poor unsuspecting sole as a good piece of gear when infact it is junk.That is just plain and simple fraud.

I took great pride in producing a carb that was fast,very user friendly,and was mechanically bulletproof.

Ask questions before you buy somebody elses garbage.

If you have any questions of me ,feel free to call....1-715-926-6096

Thanks,Rod Geraghty

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a shame forsure. Im not sure why somebody would destroy a good working carb, but they obviously do. Glad you put this up for the 411 Rod, appreciate it!

Now this is strange, I had just turned down the neck of one of your carbs to fit into the

throat of that O.S.30 truck engine you and Mr Hall worked out for me.

I have 2 of what I thought were 7.5 K&B O/B carbs that I had got from you many moons ago,

worked very well BTW.

One measures .337 and the other .326,,, now this difference may be the plastic Swiss

calipers I use or I'm just not gettin' all the way down there on one carb.

I was going for a slightly larger carb than the 8mm bore O.S.20J I have been using.

Yours is not that much larger but there's no spraybar to get in the way on yours,, thinking

that would be a good step up from where I'm at.

Tried to call but you were out.

JW

Now this is strange, I had just turned down the neck of one of your carbs to fit into the

throat of that O.S.30 truck engine you and Mr Hall worked out for me.

I have 2 of what I thought were 7.5 K&B O/B carbs that I had got from you many moons ago,

worked very well BTW.

One measures .337 and the other .326,,, now this difference may be the plastic Swiss

calipers I use or I'm just not gettin' all the way down there on one carb.

I was going for a slightly larger carb than the 8mm bore O.S.20J I have been using.

Yours is not that much larger but there's no spraybar to get in the way on yours,, thinking

that would be a good step up from where I'm at.

Tried to call but you were out.

JW
Jerry,

Those would have been 7.5 carbs for a specific application.

You probably told me what you were going to use them for,altitude they would be running at,weight of the boat,etc,etc,etc and I bored them accordingly.

Tommy Lee set the IMPBA 7.5 mod tunnel SAW record @ 75 mph + with a .328" bore Geraghty carb.

Rod

P.S.Wait till I tell Dave you called him "Mr". Hall.He will think you are talking about his dad. :D

Rod

Thanks for all the advice you gave me.

I am one of those guys with a used carb that someone modified, but without improvement. I found out the hardway, but no offence to Rod or his pieces of art.

Ronald.

Rod, Just wanted to let you know your carb is going to work fine on the O.S.30.

It's hard to believe a carb without an idle circuit can throttle so well and I still didn't

get it needled to top speed.

That had nothing to do with the carb, it's just that it was windy and I ended upside down

three times in a row,,, had to swim after it three times in a row cause somebody has

our chase boat :angry:

A word about "geese", I think sometimes they want to do something Bad to ya

when your up to your chest in water,,, one come at me like some kind of

hood ornament everytime I got out there :huh: Gave new meaning to "lets

run the boat again"

Also found out they don't respond well to being smacked by a 2x2,,so don't try that.

A word about "geese", I think sometimes they want to do something Bad to ya

when your up to your chest in water,,, one come at me like some kind of

hood ornament everytime I got out there :huh: Gave new meaning to "lets

run the boat again"

Also found out they don't respond well to being smacked by a 2x2,,so don't try that.
LMAO..... :D :D :D :D

~James

Hey Rod! What are you up to these days? No more carbs???? You doing gas engines yet? :rolleyes:

I can attest to Rod's carb, he is a great guy, he took the time to help a newbie out in Beer country :p to improve performance on my old K&B 7.5 and his carb was exactly bored at .343"

Thanks Rod.

Everyone involved in the counterfeiting operations involving some untold numbers of $20 dollar bills with Bill Clinton printed on the face and some Geraghty carbs please raise your hand…..

Cummon......someones gotta fess up <_<

whos been makin bank $$$ off those counterfit gharaghty carbies.... :angry: taking advantage off those poor unsuspecting new boaters :angry:

I'm perrrrty sure I recently heard of a carb and motor mod operation that got busted along with a meth lab in Jackson, TN......together we'll solve this great mystery.

any leads?

anyone?

Back