TS2 in order to repair

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tower Hobbies say,

Do you live outside the U.S. or Canada? If so, please contact the distributor in your country. Hobby Services does not provide warranty repair on products purchased outside of the U.S. or Canada.

http://www.hobbyservices.com/

Very Good :angry:

Gatt

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Red TS2 about two weeks ago. when cleaning it up last night, I noticed that the gelcoat where the sponsons meet the front of the deck are cracked. Not really sure, but this appears to be a common issue with the gelcoat cracking on these hulls. I'll try to take some phots tonight and post them.

-TS

Grimracer said:
gatt,
I keep thinking that you as a boat designer are looking to far in to the design. Might not be my place to say.. but i design boats too and we both know what we like and dislike.

True enough the boat should not crack and fall apart but the folks at Aquacraft did say the white boats had some issues and sated that they would take it back.

The design side of me thinks that the boat is not a bad boat for a C note..  And as a MFGr of tunnel boat kits the first units are always going to have a bumpy beginning. I know the Villain S1 did.. darn center section glue... The first 50 kits had some failures and i got some heat for that too..

Bottom line.. Aquacraft is willing to help you the best they can.. If it was me i do not think i could do any better either..

If i were you i would send the boat back.. without that they might never get a REAL GOOD idea of what is happening.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

110865[/snapback]

Grim.....well said and appreciate the support.

Gat, I agree with you 100%, you should have not recieved it the way it was. The TS2 is our first release for AquaCraft in the racing field. The last thing we want here at AquaCraft is defective product. As a life-long modeler/racer, it is the last thing I would want.

Each TS2 is painted and clear-coated. Without the inner support the paint could crack in certain areas, even though the paint is flexible. There are a few out there as mentioned, but a whole lot more that are not.......

In stating that, important for all of us to help the new guys/gals as much as possible at the lake and on this site. We put IW link in the TS2 manual, so odds are a few of them will show up at the races and local ponds and on here.

We are working very hard to grow the marine market and the most important part is to have the right product, plus high quality product at an affordable price. In turn, this should not take away from the quality. We will get better and improve, that is always the goal.

Thanks!

Rw

I'm still blown away by the fact that it costs only $100 and is able to float :blink: , let alone compete...

way to go aquacraft :D

Back