TS2 in order to repair

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gattorno

Hi guys,

:(

that bad wave I arrive my cracked boat from transom and was not by shipping since the box this without a scratch, it was going to him to take photos but already I get annoyed this, the price says everything to it

Gatt.

Gattorno said:
Hi guys,

that bad wave I arrive my cracked boat from transom and was not by shipping since the box this without a scratch, it was going to him to take photos but already I get annoyed this, the price says everything to it

Gatt.

110073[/snapback]

Come with a 90 Warranty from defects in materials & workmanship, so it should be warranted. (on front cover of manual). Boy that stinks, mine had a small chip (gelcoat) on one sponson and box was ok too but I just kept it.

Ralphie,

the problem is the time of but that I must hope to do all that of warranty, and this also has a pile of defects in gelcoat, very bad the finished one hurts since this very pretty, and the bad thing is that this selling Tower hobbies.

Gatt. <_<

Dibujo.JPG

Dibujo2.JPG

and there is more but, it angers to continue checking and to find but defects to me.

Gatt. :angry:

Dibujo3.JPG

It definitely appears youreceived a TS2 with construction defects. I personally set up a new TS2at the IMPBA Internats and assisted with another. I did not see those defects. The boat is under warranty, but that doesn't help with the one that was sent to you.

JD

JD,

then I keep in its box and it return to the direction that appears in the manual and wait for two months, a month of going and a month of return.

Gatt :angry:

Gattorno said:
Hi guys,

Gatt.

110073[/snapback]

Gatt,

Please return the model with the receipt as noted in the manual. You will receive a new one. Not sure how you received like this but sometimes this can happen......

Rw

In the past two days I have seen three hulls with a split where the hulls have been joined. May be shipping issue, but the boxes are in perfect condition. The hulls are split up at the nose of the boat. All three that have been split were white, not that this should make any difference. Great Planes has been great about replacement.

I wouldn't want my new boat to come in that condition either, but they look kind of small. Are they worth calling to get a partial refund and fix it yourself?

alive in mexico, to return it it costs 50 usd to me, it is going to me to return that money Great Planes, I doubt it so better the repairs and I do not return to buy that sweepings, Better I continue making my own tunnels of wood, this so fragile that it gives fear to touch it me.

I am going it to use until one becomes pieces and the shot, before I am going to remove a mold

single once the error is committed

Gatt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gat,

yeah, that sucks. They look totally cool...bummer it was trashed.

The picture of your Avatar, the yellow and purple boat, is that a Maus hull??

Gatt,

If you plan to run the boat, the following process will help reinforce the cracked areas. I would definitely make this reinforcement before running the boat.

2 - 4 oz. fiberglass cloth strips can be applied as an "Outside Patch" using thin CA glue.

1. Sand the cracked area(remove the paint) to improve the bonding of the cloth to the glass.

2. Cut the strips to the length and width to cover the cracked areas and some additional area around the fracture.

3. The thin CA will act like a fiberglass resin to secure the cloth to the hull.

4. A second appliction of cloth and CA will increase the strength of the repair.

If you do not have access to fiberglass cloth, send me your mailing address and I will mail you some strips.

JD

JD,

I thank a lot your worry, if I have fiberglass cloth, as the designer of that launch you assure you that have quality it assembled since thus these remaining very badly, that is my opinion al except I neither that give I prefer it me to buy a Villian S1 and I am going to buy it this end of month, I go it to repairs of another form without damaging the painting, but I thank you the explanation.

By if nobody it to fact already send a mail to the tower hobbies telling them of the very bad quality of the product and that do not bandage messes that frustrate to the new boaters.

:angry:

Gatt

Last edited by a moderator:
Gat,
yeah, that sucks.  They look totally cool...bummer it was trashed. 

The picture of your Avatar, the yellow and purple boat, is that a Maus hull??

110227[/snapback]

[email protected]

Not is that to Maus hull, is one of my productions but already died does but of two years, I bother me and I broke it and that is going to happen to the TS2 jajajajj :D

24.jpg

18.jpg

23.jpg

20.jpg

4.jpg

Gatt

Gatt,

We have had similar problems with two white hulls. I emailed Hobbico and this was the response I got:

"Thank you for your recent email. Go ahead and send the white hull in

for exchange. There was reinforcement done to the transoms on the white

boats. However, some of them could have slipped through and not gotten

the reinforcement like the two you have. "

From the looks of your pics I would say your transom is without that reinforcement.

The hulls we bought also from Tower Hobbies. I talked with them today and they are sendig me a UPS label for return shipping. I would suggest you go ahead and call them to do the same.

I know that they are saying late august on another shipment and you said it woud take a long time for you to return yours and then get it back, but its my opinion that it eould be worth the wait.

Hope this helps,

Phil

Hi guys,

Yesterday and today I ran my hull and thousands of cracks even in the part appeared him where inserts the box of the radio, also where finishes the hump where is put the tank of fuel.

Al while I take him some photos so that they see that things and only I have used it two times.

Gatt.

gatt,

I keep thinking that you as a boat designer are looking to far in to the design. Might not be my place to say.. but i design boats too and we both know what we like and dislike.

True enough the boat should not crack and fall apart but the folks at Aquacraft did say the white boats had some issues and sated that they would take it back.

The design side of me thinks that the boat is not a bad boat for a C note.. And as a MFGr of tunnel boat kits the first units are always going to have a bumpy beginning. I know the Villain S1 did.. darn center section glue... The first 50 kits had some failures and i got some heat for that too..

Bottom line.. Aquacraft is willing to help you the best they can.. If it was me i do not think i could do any better either..

If i were you i would send the boat back.. without that they might never get a REAL GOOD idea of what is happening.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Latest posts

Back