TS2 construction

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunnelterror

Me and two of my fellow racers have purchased the TS2, two in the white and one in the yellow. The white ones arrived before the yellow ( purchased from tower hobbies on back order) and one of them was cracked where the sponson joins the deck. They have alot of flex in them, they are very thin. The yellow one arrived last week at it seems to be much more stiff.

Has anyone had this problem or noticed the differences?

What about you JD, got an explanation for this? I emailed you before we purchased them in reference to their thickness and you said it was not an issue.

It seems to me maybe they cut corners in the manufacturing just to get some out there to cover the demand.

Phil

tunnelterror said:
Me and two of my fellow racers have purchased the TS2, two in the white and one in the yellow. The white ones arrived before the yellow ( purchased from tower hobbies on back order) and one of them was cracked where the sponson joins the deck. They have alot of flex in them, they are very thin. The yellow one arrived last week at it seems to be much more stiff.
Has anyone had this problem or noticed the differences?

What about you JD, got an explanation for this? I emailed you before we purchased them in reference to their thickness and you said it was not an issue.

It seems to me maybe they cut corners in the manufacturing just to get some out there to cover the demand.

Phil

110311[/snapback]

I got a Yellow one and it seems fine.

Seems to be problems with the white ones ??

Re: cut corners in manufacturing

From what I've read on IW, the issue seems to be mostly with the white boats. I have no explaination.

Today I went to my local hobby shop and checked out a white TS2. I couldn't find any cracks. From the same LHS, I bought and rigged a red TS2 for a friend and there is no fracturing on this boat.

If you are not satisfied with the quality of the boat, return it and it will be replaced.

JD

Gattorno said:
JD,
  And the shipping who pay hobbico?
You could probably get all these questions answered by calling the place you bought the boat from and politely explaining the situation. Ask them to pay for the return shipping.

Call the number in the Instruction Booklet regarding returns. I understand Tower Hobbies will provide you with a UPS Call # and you can take this to the nearest UPS delivery center and the boat will be returned to Tower without cost to you.

JD

Latest posts

Back