Trying to find....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Does anyone out there have a source for the gray silicone pushrod seals that I think are made by DuBro? They come in two sizes, 2-56 & 4-40, I need the 4-40 size. 707 specialties makes ones that look exactly the same but they are black rubber, not silicone. If I can't find the silicone ones I'll settle for the 707's. Either way I'm running out of them, any sources??? :blink:

<_< Don, The one I think you are looking for are a bluesh grey color, Quite soft silicone and for 2-56 rods. A Prather product ! In bags of 3 and @ $8.00

PS. I use them with 4-40 rods by cutting there lenth in half to reduce drag on rod.

:rolleyes: Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
With only being attached with silicon, do they stay put as well as if they were screwed in place like the other brands? It seems to me after a while they would start to get loose.

They stay put real well with just silcone. The really cool part is you can re-use them. The 707 Specialties ones are identical except in black rubber. Work well but if you ever need to remove them they are junk as you need to CA them on. I just called my buddy at the LHS (local hobby shop) & he's going to call Prather tomorrow & see if there is any way they can be purchased without the pushrods & clevis in the #8113 kit.

Anone know who carries 707 stuff these days?? :unsure:

:angry: As listed on Prather product catalog:

PRA8113 RADIO BOX SEALS 4-40 W/RODS & LINKS 2... 7.95

PRA8114 RADIO BOX SEALS 2-56 WO RODS - 3........ 7.95

PRA8115 RADIO BOX SEALS 2-56 W/RODS & LINKS 2... 7.95

They only show 2-56 size by them self. :angry: Scott

I know that you want to silicone the Prather seals and CA the 707 seals. Why??????? Cuz somebody told me that you had to.

The Prather's are domed or cupped inside and the excess silicone fills in real nice for a good seal.

The 707's surface which is a flat surface need to be scuffed and CA on real quick.

I am cheap and have used both seals over and over on my radio boxes with very good success. The only leak I have ever had was because I put a 2-56 rod in a 4-40 seal.

Al Waters

Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

I've been using the 707's with no problem. I like the idea of being able to remove & re-use the Prathers, something you can't do that easily with the 707's. Silicone adheres to silicone, that's why you mount them that way. CA does not stick very well to silicone, they will come off. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about the ones with the metal retaining ring & little screws? Those seem like too much hassle to me, I like glue n' go! :p

Have any of you tried the bru-line seals, if so what do you think of them. :angry:

They suck !! leak water at screws and the billows will crack and leak, prather silacons are the way to go. Scott

Have any of you tried the bru-line seals, if so what do you think of them. :angry:

They suck !! leak water at screws and the billows will crack and leak, prather silacons are the way to go. Scott

Found some radio box seals, excellent rubber, 2-$3.50 part # HSM-103 by Hobby Stuff, Inc out of Warren, MI 1-810-764-6414. The Dubros, the quality of the rubber seems to have declined, they keep cracking where the rod goes thru, have to replace them at the end of the season. I have switched to the Hobby stuff seals. There are also some seals out there made by the military that are the best seals I have ever used or seen, I get them from Gary Preusse, 1-630-279-2451

Bill

Back