Truex Jr. & JAE strike at Huntsville record trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since I'm in Richmond to test cars and it's raining let's talk boats! Some more details from the record runs for those that asked.

The 21 oval record was set with my old JAE 21 I built before the plans were released, weighs 3lb 14oz , novarossi 21DD and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 1650.

21 saw was my own design JAE style boat, a homemade turned around 7 port novarossi and Bouchie pipe,prop was a modified 2047

45 saw was my own design JAE style boat, cmb vac45 and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 2160.

I used Odonnell 287 plugs and 65% Odonnell Punch fuel on both 21 engines , and I used Odonnel 287 plugs and 70% technology fuel for the 45 record.

Very impressive times, congratulations!
default_smile.png
Thanks Terry, you know how much work goes into it!

The weather people missed it again. Cloudy but great water. Well Dr. Nitro has done it again. Martin has bumped his 21 hydro 2 lap record down to 17.2. Way to go Martin
LOL thanks David , good luck today!!!

Congratulations Martin!

Are those crazy Tunnel Boat guys from Jacksonville getting any work done?
There is a birthday in the family today Dougie , they are working on apple pie and low country boil, can ya smell it ???
default_tongue.png

Besides , Martin is keping ya plenty busy on the updates
default_cool.png

Tight work MTJ !!! very impressive.
Haha. They are still working, and Sr is still yelling !

Here is David's new FE Motor. But I think he will need a bigger boat and a lot of battery's.

We have just did a test run on this motor and putting the rest of it together.

3300hp @ 3600rpm

0408151311.jpg

I have some videos... however I will only use them to blackmail David... oh never mind that is a long story... There is a video of his run, it is on David's phone so he has the control on where it gets sent to. Was not pretty but it was FAST!!!

Well since I'm in Richmond to test cars and it's raining let's talk boats! Some more details from the record runs for those that asked.

The 21 oval record was set with my old JAE 21 I built before the plans were released, weighs 3lb 14oz , novarossi 21DD and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 1650.

21 saw was my own design JAE style boat, a homemade turned around 7 port novarossi and Bouchie pipe,prop was a modified 2047

45 saw was my own design JAE style boat, cmb vac45 and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 2160.

I used Odonnell 287 plugs and 65% Odonnell Punch fuel on both 21 engines , and I used Odonnel 287 plugs and 70% technology fuel for the 45 record.
Don't you know you're supposed to keep all this top secret?

After all there's millions of dollars on the line and sponsorship money to worry about. Oh, I forgot, that's your day job!
default_tongue.png

Care to share what your SAW boats weigh in at? I'm doing some carbon stuff too but wondering if I'm running a little heavy.
default_unsure.png

Lol Terry! The speed is in the details, I learned a Lot on the 21. Took me a few years to get the same boat up to speed. Applied what I learned to the 45 and it was much easier !

21 is 2-14. Can't remember 45 but I will let u know.

Lol Terry! The speed is in the details, I learned a Lot on the 21. Took me a few years to get the same boat up to speed. Applied what I learned to the 45 and it was much easier !

21 is 2-14. Can't remember 45 but I will let u know.
Thanks much!

Yup, seams once you start to figure out what makes them go fast it's easier from there.

And it sure ain't just one thing!
default_rolleyes.gif

Awesome Martin,now would it be too much to ask for you to get that black car in the front row? Say p1. All your boating friends are pulling for a great year in both your boating and Nascar worlds. I think a JAE sticker in the grille might just give you enough downforce to pull it off.

Latest posts

Back