Tommy Lee Tribute Race Oct 21/22 Jackson Tn

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will be open water all day Friday. I hope to get a time to put a list on here of number of boats in each class later today.

Mark

There will be open water all day Friday. I hope to get a time to put a list on here of number of boats in each class later today.

Mark
And that will be controled open water wont it mark, I can be there as early as you need me.

Tom

Mark,

i'm mailing my registration tom. hope it's not late yet,,,B and D mod Tunnel...

i run B stock if u let me use ur hull :D :D ,,i got a stock OS motor :lol: just messing.

BTW, any short history who is Tommy Lee,,newbie, no idea at all..thanks

jul

Jul,

Great to hear your coming!

Tommy Lee is the original builder/designer of the "LeeCraft" boat. He is one of a few that is responsible for what tunnel racing is today. He was a leader in this field.

When I started racing about 15 years ago he was the one to beat, and I can't remember that I ever did even win a heat he was in much less the whole race.

Mark

Jul,

Tommy Lee is the original builder/designer of the "LeeCraft" boat. He is one of a few that is responsible for what tunnel racing is today. He was a leader in this field.

When I started racing about 15 years ago he was the one to beat, and I can't remember that I ever did even win a heat he was in much less the whole race.

Mark
looks like Mark and the Tenn. boys ordered good weather this weekend. see ya friday..............Scott

Had to pay extra for the good weather. Ordered it in from California. Don't want to see the shipping cost. :D :D :D

Jul,

Mark
looks like Mark and the Tenn. boys ordered good weather this weekend. see ya friday..............Scott
Some are goin to lose their MARBLES and a very few will have lotsa MARBLES, cant wait to see the Jackson crew.......Mark,Richard,Tom< evil twin mean ol Cleatus John and Will Nanney and Ricky. WHAT A AWESOME BUNCH my hats off and my bald head is shining cya friday hopefully before dark Mikey

anybody?? :rolleyes: please post the address of the lake and direction from Indiana,,,thanks
After you get into Jackson follow 45 south (I think thats correct) out of the downtown, Fairgrounds is on the left follow the road to the back you will find the lake. I dont think there is a good address mapquest can find, it led me to a place downtown last time it tried to use it?

Phil is right. The lake is behind the fair grounds (all of the buildings have a red roof) on Hwy 45 south just as you leave downtown Jackson. Turn left off of the highway. Go through the parking lot until you see a covered bridge (with a red roof), cross it and the lake will right in front of you. Ya'll come on down now you hear. We are going to have a great time. :D

Anyone coming in just go south on any main road. They all funnel into Hwy 45 S. The Fairgrounds is about a mile south of the downtown area on the left. Loos for the red roof buildings.

Mark Hopper

Doing a little checking the address for the Fairgroungs is 800 S Highland.

The race is looking good we have 11 B Sport Tunnels, 13 B Mod Tunnels, 8 D Mod Tunnels and 9 in the Open Class, 11 B Mono's 4 Sport 20 6 D Mono's 5 F Mono's and 7 Sport 40's. The weather for Saturday is supposed to be 69 after a low of Friday night of 39. Sunday , mostly cloudy 20% rain and lower 60's, the water.....SMOKING!

Mark Hopper

Here's a picture of "ALL THE MARBLES" trophy. One for each tunnel class, winner take all!

Mark Hopper

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who don't know about Tommy Lee, he is in the IMPBA HAll of Fame. MAny of his tunnel records still stand. He's also a great guy who would give you any thing you need to stay in the race.

Back