Tommy Lee Tribute Race Oct 21/22 Jackson Tn

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htbboats

Calling all Tunnel Boaters!

Make plans on being at this race! We plan on having all of the bigs guns at this one!

The format of this race will be a little different. We will have three rounds of heat racing to determine the top 6 boats that will automatically move on to a fourth and "final" round. Before that we will have two consulations heats to add a seventh boat. The two consulation heats, exact boats later to be determined by the number of contestants, say for example boats 13 thru 20 will run wtih the winner moving into a race with boats 7 thru 12 with that winner joining boats 1 thru 6 for winner take all.

We will have a Traveling Trophy with the winners name added to it each year. We will be running this format for each tunnel class with plans for this being a annual event.

I have spoken to the man himself, Tommy Lee and he will make every effort on being at this race if his health will allow.

This years race will also consist of all other clases of boats with the plan on this being a Tunnel Hull race only next year.

BE HERE!

Send me a email for a entry form!

Mark Hopper

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys mark and carl, has worked his butt off on this race I promise is you run tunells you do not want to miss this event. Tunnels are on the way back, with some pretty big name racers to show up i hope, alot of u guys have been to the jackson facility, if you have a fast boat and are a good driver you will have a heck of a chance of winning this event. you wont have to worry about the water conditions beating you i can garrentee that. so bring your best tunnel and let have some great racing. nothing is more prettier than 8 tunnels coming to the green flag NOW REACH UP THERE ONE MORE TIME AND GIVE THEM BELTS A TUG, AND LETS GO RACING GUYS, BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY LETS GO RACING GUYS.

kEEP THE WATER HOT

Tom

You have got to be kidding? Isn't this the race that was going to be Sport tunnels, and cary points with us from our Districts? I know that two of us from NAMBA District 8 were planning on being there for this we even made sure our district races were run in a format that would allow us to bring points with us. After we made all the changes back in January, I was talking with Carl a couple months ago he told me that the race was not going to happen because there was no interest back there in a Sport Class race. I was disappointed to say the least as I was looking forward to the format as we have a rather strong NAMBA Stock class out here. So after we were told that the race would not happen and have plans to attend another race its back on with rather short notice on the date? ARRGH!!! :eek:

Eric,

You are correct. There was little interest from racers wanting to carry points across the U.S. or across the South East for that matter with (at that time) gas prices going close to $4.00 per gallon. So, we had to drop that portion of the event but it will still pulls lots of great drivers and the racing will still be HOT!

Maybe one day we can get something together where the East meets the West. But hey, if you still want to come join in the fun gather up a couple bubbies, pack your gear and come on!

We will be there for sure. It will be a great race.

-Carl,

Eric,

You are correct. There was little interest from racers wanting to carry points across the U.S. or across the South East for that matter with (at that time) gas prices going close to $4.00 per gallon. So, we had to drop that portion of the event but it will still pulls lots of great drivers and the racing will still be HOT!

Maybe one day we can get something together where the East meets the West. But hey, if you still want to come join in the fun gather up a couple bubbies, pack your gear and come on!

We will be there for sure. It will be a great race.

-Carl,

Count me in Mark. I have been planning this trip for awhile. Look foward to being there.

Brody

I bet it will be a great race. I would love to be there but unfortunately after I had heard it would not happen I made commitments for the following weekend in Las Vegas, NV and my race budget can't afford two trips that cost that much that close together. You guys have a great race and maybe next year I can make it down.

Eric,

Sorry about the bad information you got. However it is true that Carl and I did plan on a Series of races for the sport classes that we plan on having the "finals' at this race. That in itself just did not get enough responce that we thought it needed so that part was nixed. We had planed on running the mod classes on the format mentioned so after the nix on the sport series we just included them into the mod format.

This should be a lot of fun and something different. I hope you can make it next year!

Mark Hopper

One other thing I want to mention is that when the time comes to start the consulation rounds and then into the final we could start seeing some radio conflicts. Everyone coming would ned to be perpared to make channel changes. We would I think give preferance to the earlest entery at that point.

Mark

Tim,

It's great to think you two might can make it. Sure hope so! I'll get that sent to you tomorrow! Hope all is going well!

Mark

Start looking at your calendars and making plans guys. This race is going to host some of the fastest O/B tunnel boats in the South East. Some of the drivers that will attend have been racing O/B tunnels for 25+ years. Just for an example; One driver that will be competing in this event won the very first Modified 3.5cc O/B tunnel and Modified 7.5cc O/B tunnel US-1 throphies ever given to the Outboard classes by the IMPBA. You can be assured that he will be on his needle and ready for a race along with many others just like him.

There will be some boats at this race that will be seen by the public for the very first time in competition.

If you race Outboard Tunnel Boats and want the chance to put some of these guys in there place, DON'T MISS THIS RACE!

See you there!

-Carl,

Mark Hopper Is this going to be a Full Class of IMPBA boats on this fall race date? I have not seen it advertised as a Full class of boats? We are making our schedules for the fall racing Now...... Joe

Mark Hopper Is this going to be a Full Class of IMPBA boats on this fall race date? I have not seen it advertised as a Full class of boats? We are making our schedules for the fall racing Now...... Joe
Jax OCT 21-22 shows to be a Tunnel race Only on the IMPBA Master events Site., I have found the answer.....

Joe,

At this race we will be offering all classes. However we do plan on next year depending how the tunnel classes go making this into a tunnel only race from then on. So plan on coming and bring all you buddies. This should be fun.

Also as Carl has stated this race will have a lot of the big guns here. Ernie Lafleur will be here, Mike Z, the Grimracer is planning to be here if possible as well as Jerry Dunlap, Carl and his bunch and others!

Mark

Mark I know you guys are looking for a crowd. Someone needs to change the Flier ASAP IMPBA site still shows old race flier. Many are looking Now for time off in the fall for races to attend.

I just found a good deal on a hotel for this race it is

La Quinta Inn Jackson

Address:

2370 N. Highland

Jackson, TN 38305

Phone number: 1-731-664-1800

I got the rate through ORBITZ for $58 per night +tx pretty good price and good location.

I just found a good deal on a hotel for this race it is

La Quinta Inn Jackson

Address:

2370 N. Highland

Jackson, TN 38305

Phone number: 1-731-664-1800

I got the rate through ORBITZ for $58 per night +tx pretty good price and good location.
Is this the race for all the marbles? Im in Mikey

Back