Toledo Show

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

I just got home from the show. I got to meet Grimmy and a few others from this site as well as some from Jim's R/C Boat Dock. Cold and nasty weather all the way there and back. Somebodies 'rigger was on display at the Climate Boat Works booth, a .12 'rigger with a flame job on it. Sound familiar? : :) Remy had a prototype of an .18 -powered cat that will be coming out in the fall, I don't know how close it is to the final version but it had a CEN Racing .18 with the Miss Bud header and tuned pipe in it. It's supposed to be a RTR boat with a beautiful Yellow metalflake and trick paint job. Street price of around $425.00. When Wade gets home He will try to post some pix that He took and I will do so also as soon as I get my roll of film filled up a little more. The Hammerhead .12 was popular there with a lot of interest in it.

Yes, K&B was there with their engines including the new 3.5 SX OB. The salepeople were too busy talking to each other to talk to me but they did have a sign there saying that all engines are available! Yeah, right, sure they are!

We gotta do this again next year!

Ron don't leave us hanging like that !!!!! What happened at the K&B booth !!!!!!

Or put a thread in the Outboard section !!!!

Thanks Ron !!! 3.5 sx huh !!!! Does anyone have pictures of it ??

hey hey hey..... sounds like fun!

what did ya think of that flame job boat?

yea whats an SX? is it a totally new engine?

As a matter of fact, yes I did get a shot of the 3.5 SX. It's a water-cooled version with a black head and a red carb.

Pete was giving me a hard time and teasing me about your boat. I've got some pix from his booth also.

You'll have to wait for Grimmy to get back home to see what he has to say about K&B.

One of the coolest new items at the show that I was really impressed with was an adhesive called Pasco-Fix. Like a CA but better, much longer shelf life, FAST working and super strong. You can glue just about anything to your fingers and it won't come off! You could even fix a broken starting belt in the pits and still get in the water in time! Amazing stuff! www.pascofix.nwy.at

You can glue just about anything to your fingers and it won't come off!

----finally, something I've been wanting but never could find. Sweet.

Say what? A red carb? Oh man, wonder if the bore is same as the old red carb? Or are they playin around with the anodizing, black head and stuff,

Gene ;D

Pix? We got pix. Not that many or that good but we have some. How about the 1/8 scale Miss Bud from Pro Boat?

Got more.......the K&B's. This floppy disc messes up the otherwise nice shots.

OK, what else do I have? Pete and Company from Climate. Had fun with these great people!

Ron

You didn't happen to see any K&B prices did you ??? I now !!!! I now !!!! There was alot going on !!! BUT !!!

The place was busy but I've seen it worse on a Saturday. I can't remember the prices, I think that they did have them posted under the engines.

We ran into crowds round the Conley booth as always, battery dealers and Aeromarine's booth. I was suprized to see a lot of dealers selling Carbon Fiber, I noticed a lot of it going out the doors. The Swap area was a little slow to compared to other years. Deals were to be had, I picked up 4 reciever battery packs for $15.00 and a Hi-Tec rudder servo for the HH .12 for $19.00. We got there at 9:30 AM and left somewhere around 3:30 PM. A stop on the way back at Cabela's in Dundee to look at retrieve boats and enclosed trailers among other goodies there.

Ron and gang

It was fun to see you guys.. We were on a roll thats for sure.

Gener the carb was the old red version. K+B did not know if this would be the carb for the boat when it came time to move the product.

Im thinking that if they dont have time to get motors out there that testing is likely suffering also. To tell you the truth i would guess that the motor has yet to be tested. If it has, then who? Nobody i know.. You would think that news would be leaking out by now.

Im thinking that Joe Monohan might know more but i have not heard anything from him on this.

grim

O yea water, the new SX looks to be in the $250 range

How about some pix Mike! I know that you got some.

Did you have fun driving home? The weather was terrible here last night!

Ron

I will have some pictures to post soon on my web site. As far as the drive home..All was good as the crappy weather missed us..YEA

We made it home in 10 hours..not bad..

grim

Finally got the patch cord form my mom so I could download the pics from her camera ;D

Back