Thinking on a new 45 Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah... I have been thinking about getting a new 45 Mono as mine has taking a beating over the years. I like the looks of the Delta Force. I am just wondering how it's design came about. Who designed it and how competitive it is. I know most are head over heels about Seaducer and I agree it is a good boat but I am looking for something different. Besides, it's not a Seaducer that holds the NAMBA 45 Mono heat racing record and even before that it was a Cal Craft. Also... I am 2 to 1 against Seaducers on a National Championship level. So please... There has been plenty of opportunity for me to see how good Seaducers are. In this post I want to know more about the Delta Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah... I have been thinking about getting a new 45 Mono as mine has taking a beating over the years. I like the looks of the Delta Force. I am just wondering how it's design came about. Who designed it and how competitive it is. I know most are head over heels about Seaducer and I agree it is a good boat but I am looking for something different. Besides, it's not a Seaducer that holds the NAMBA 45 Mono heat racing record and I am 2 to 1 against Seaducers on a National Championship level. So please... There has been plenty of opportunity for me to see how good Seaducers are. In this post I want to know more about the Delta Force.
atta boy roger you tell them how it is!

I've had very good luck with the smaller boats for FE (25.6", 33", 32" storm). I've won the last two FE Nats in both P mono and P offshore with the 33" and then 32" storm. There's one of the 45 mk2 hulls in my hull rack, but I haven't rigged it out yet. It looks alot like the 32" storm, which I really like. Ignoring the hull politics, they are good running hulls and a hell of a deal for the money. An added plus is you can usually have one to your door within 2 weeks.

The only other 45 hull I would run would be the SpeedMaster 45. I know you may not think much of Sd but in this area it is " Own one or Follow One."

MArk Hopper of Htb Tunnels also build the 45 Speedmaster.

I run their 44 inch Sniper mono in both gas and FE. Great running hull. The FE version has a best one way pass (could not back it up) or just over 80 mph. Very nice running hulls. And ditto with Brian on the 32 inch Cyber Storm. Great hull. The quality is outstanding as well.

http://www.deltaforce-hk.com/

Go for it Roger. For a foreign-made hull it has already gotten a rep as a winning hull in NAVIGA competition and it's not easy to win there. Rumor has it that the bottom is identical to a Seaducer but don't know for sure.

I'm building my second DF hull now. They're light and pretty well made. I like to run things a little different from the norm myself just to see what I can do with them.

I was in Coco FL. 2 days ago an stooped in a hobby shop I stumbled across. By my surprise thy build there own boats. As the owner was showing me around in a trailer in the back. I spied a hull in the Conner unfinished. He told me that it was designed by an engineer at NASA using a wind tunnel and that he has never put one together. But he would like to see one run. It was a very interesting design with a split tail that swooped down in the back. He told me he could block of the back in the mold to make room for drive and rudder as their was not much room in the original design.

If you are looking for some thing new that no one has and want to work on the setup give them a call Spare Time Hobbies 321-636-1808.

I am going to get him to build me one. He gave me a very good price less than half of any other boat out there.

Spare Time Hobbies is better known as Expresscraft.
Went to there web sight yes thy are the the two gentle men I spoke with father and son real nice people. thy don't show it on there sight but he has a 40 hull in stock and a 60 hull also. he told me that the 60 hull was a Steve Muck design.

Take a real good look at the boat i have seen many there boat they take the boats out of mold to quick seams are not together like they should be.

Take a real good look at the boat i have seen many there boat they take the boats out of mold to quick seams are not together like they should be.
Spent about 2 hours looking around and checking out the hulls on the self. Looked real close at the bottom of the 40 hulls looked real straight no warp in the ones I looked at. The lay up is mat and woven in layers nice gell coat finish also. I admit I am new to all this but one of my first jobs was fiberglass fab made many of custom mold. There work looks first class to me. Just my opinion.

The hull is called a sport v $120 cant beat the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
The A/C Lazer 40 hull has little strakes & is fast / stable. The hulls likes the smooth or choppy water. A/C found out long ago that a boat does not have to have big wide strakes to Go Fast. Easy to set up & Not hardware super sensitive.

The only other 45 hull I would run would be the SpeedMaster 45. I know you may not think much of Sd but in this area it is " Own one or Follow One."
MArk Hopper of Htb Tunnels also build the 45 Speedmaster.
Didn't say I didn't think much of Seaducer. C'mon let's not stir things up. I know it is a good boat. I said it was a good boat. I just know "AhLLLLLLLLLL" about that hull,(well maybe not all but more than I know about the Delta Force) .. Ran it myself, placed in the top 3 at the nats everytime I ran it.... even beat Jerry himself in a heat or two with one. So I know about the boat. What I dont know much about is the Delta Force. That is the point of this post. Just trying to keep the post on track that's all.

Go for it Roger. For a foreign-made hull it has already gotten a rep as a winning hull in NAVIGA competition and it's not easy to win there. Rumor has it that the bottom is identical to a Seaducer but don't know for sure.I'm building my second DF hull now. They're light and pretty well made. I like to run things a little different from the norm myself just to see what I can do with them.
Foreign made? That part I don't like. Trying to get behind this "Support Made in USA" concept. Hmmm... decisions. decisions...

Bottom is identical put friends boat next to mine same boat on the bottom.
So the DF is identical to the Seaducer? If this is true... this is what I thought I heard. But the argument is that it is not because the Seaducer is designed to run without trim tabs and the DF needs trim tabs. If this is true the bottom cannot be identical can it? What does Jerry feel about it?

Latest posts

Back