Thinking on a new 45 Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Roger,

Have you tried the Seaducer or maybe a Calcraft? Wait, how about the Ward Craft or maybe a Sightler? Have you looked into the Prather Deep Vee.

I know what about a Delta Force???????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When are you going to post pics and results for the Grand Prix?

Robert Holland

Hey Roger,
Have you tried the Seaducer or maybe a Calcraft? Wait, how about the Ward Craft or maybe a Sightler? Have you looked into the Prather Deep Vee.

I know what about a Delta Force???????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When are you going to post pics and results for the Grand Prix?

Robert Holland
There are no pics of the Grand Prix this year. No one took pictures becaues they were more worried about getting of of the rain. Jenny was sick which required Alfed and I to work double time. I will see if Alfred has the results and post them if the are available.

Prather!!!! That's funny. I think we only ever had a Prather A mono. And one year we went to the nats and I think we had like 32 entries between all of us and the only boat that brough home a trophy was that little Prather A mono... Twice. as a matter of fact. Wonder what one of those would do with a Mac 21 in it? LOL!

I think the only thing we haven't had was a WardCraft. What in the world is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank Ward from Washington made that boat. I think he ran with that whole crew up there in the early 80's.

My Dad raced it, it was his first deep vee after the old JVS hulls.

Ever try 3d mono There should be some floating around.
I haven't seen a 3-D in what seems like eons. Dave Homer had 2 of them and still might have his .21 yet. His were imfamous for rolling over at the strangest times but would get back upright and keep on going.

There is that new Thunder Tiger .45 mono on the market but I'd toss the engine and clutch and drop a MAC in there for a real sleeper.

Ever try 3d mono There should be some floating around.
I haven't seen a 3-D in what seems like eons. Dave Homer had 2 of them and still might have his .21 yet. His were imfamous for rolling over at the strangest times but would get back upright and keep on going.

There is that new Thunder Tiger .45 mono on the market but I'd toss the engine and clutch and drop a MAC in there for a real sleeper.
Yah... I saw that Thunder Tiger Mono and sent an email to them about production runs and future of the boat. I have not heard back from them yet but I think it would be great to have a volume manufacturer with a complete RTR boat that could be bought for an affordable price and raced in an existing class as is. I am sure with time and in the right hands that Thunder Tiger motor could be whipped into some racing shape as well. One boat that can go from leisure runs to racing condition with a few add-on (or grind away) mods for $400.00 could be the boost the hobby needs.

I saw the TT boat up close at the AMA show in Ontario, CA in January. It actually looked very nice. The hardware was decent and it was finished off very nicely. No idea how it runs, etc. But it looked good sitting on the shelf. TT motors are pretty decent overall. They have a pretty good reputation in the airplane and heli worlds.

I saw the TT boat up close at the AMA show in Ontario, CA in January. It actually looked very nice. The hardware was decent and it was finished off very nicely. No idea how it runs, etc. But it looked good sitting on the shelf. TT motors are pretty decent overall. They have a pretty good reputation in the airplane and heli worlds.

Here is a link to one running. I forgot. It has a clutch too. It's not scream'n but it's a start.... I guess.

Look! Now I am off topic!!! :lol:

But I just found out that I was the only 40 mono boat entered for this weeks race so I guess there is no need for a 40 mono now after all. Maybe the class really needs this boat to get it popular again. I guess at 399.00 a peice RTR I can buy 6 of them less than $2500.00 and invite who I want to run. Could be an idea for a club or district with the moula.

It's running a little better here and not too bad for what looks like cold weather,

. It also has that kinda sorta Delta Force appearance to it with changes ot the deck. The transmitter looks cheap (it is) but is very comfortable and easy to set up for new boaters. I have one that came with an RC-10GT but kept the radio system when I sold the truck. Why, I don't know, just liked it I guess.Unfortunately this isn't like the good old days when it seemed like everybody and their brother produced a boat hull. The market is going to fluctuate like the availability of engines, the pickin's are gettin' slim.

Hey Roger, it's your thread, take it where you want it to go! :)

Here is a link to one running. I forgot. It has a clutch too. It's not scream'n but it's a start.... I guess.

NO Roger

They told me I was the only who intered 40 mono.

I got little tired of running over you in C-hydro and though I would give mono a try ( just kiding )

My duather is going to try her skills at a 20 mono this weekend.

ps I will bring the 40 mono just in case........

BIG LOU.

Hey Lou,

What's up...

Man... Congrats on the C- Hydro win...

It must have surely be destined to be yours.

When you didn't show up I thought I had it all wrapped up...

but 4 times I went out and 4 times I couldn't even get around for the mill in that wind. All I had to do is finish just one heat.

I was all ready for a fun hihg pressue trash talk'n head to head finale down to the wire.

No such luck.

BIG LOU.

Hey Lou,

What's up...

Man... Congrats on the C- Hydro win...

It must have surely be destined to be yours.

When you didn't show up I thought I had it all wrapped up...

but 4 times I went out and 4 times I couldn't even get around for the mill in that wind. All I had to do is finish just one heat.

I was all ready for a fun hihg pressue trash talk'n head to head finale down to the wire.

No such luck.

I always have a great time racing with you and I thank you for having a bad day.(the watch looks great on me)

That weekend was my 16th anniversray and the kids were at grandmas, the wife and I had a quiet two days...

To get back on topic I like the delta force, I'm think of getting the 67DF I like the price......

I need another mono for a backup class to goto when no one signs up for B mono...(I's not very manly driving a hellokitty A mono!!!!)

BIG LOU

Well at least I was able to contribute to a very nice Anniversay present for you.

Happy 16th Anniversary you are the now the 2008 NAMBA District 9 60 Hydro High Point Champion. Let's hope you are just as generous on my Anniversay. I will let you know whe I start having them. LOL!

It's running a little better here and not too bad for what looks like cold weather,

Any videos of the Delta Force in Competition in the states? I estimate my present 40 mono to run some where around 60 mph in race trim. The video I saw before didn't look that fast. But I know different engine combinations give different results. I would just like to see how it handles at higher speeds.

I sold my 3D's years ago, but at times I wished I hung on to that 45 size SS hull. Betcha I could still make it run somewhat competitively, subsurface drive, JG I25X, and all... Back in the day that gave 65's all they wanted... Under current IMPBA rules, the SS hulls are now illegal.. The SS hulls were partially designed from a modification to the earlier 50" Ruff-Stuff. The transom was cut in the center, and the vee angle was reduced. Caused the strakes to be deeper on the outside than on the inside.. The SS hulls had the same feature.... Don't know if the more recent Demon monos (that were popular in FE circles) were the same way, but it might have been possible some early FE records were made w/ "illegal" hulls?

Hi Roger Jr I think that better Sidewinder mono fast than Delta Force Try contact to Ken Retallick at Australia Good Luck! ;)

I'm the hands behind the camera in that video. I've been really impressed with that boat. It handles great! That video was one of the first runs ever. With very little changes, it runs like its on rails. He's played with a few props, and the boat runs consistently at 39-40mph. The build quality on the boat seems excellent.

We need to get some more video of it running.

Buy one, and show how to make it really fast :)

Larry

39 to 40 box stock??? Maybe with some cutting on the sleeve, lightening of the piston, shorter prop and pitch tuned prop, and 50% nitro there is another 10 even 15 mph in that motor and boat, which would put it in the money for most racing.

Latest posts

Back