Thinking on a new 45 Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Longer heats and finals based on time, 8 minute heats and 12 minute finals. Course is an oval, 100m straights and a corner radius of 10m. "O" boats have to "resemble" a real boat so they are designed to run cowled.

Get the low down from Dave himself, he is an IW member. I have some video of the 2006 final buried on my computer, if interested I will try and post it or send it to you.

Longer heats and finals based on time, 8 minute heats and 12 minute finals. Course is an oval, 100m straights and a corner radius of 10m. "O" boats have to "resemble" a real boat so they are designed to run cowled.Get the low down from Dave himself, he is an IW member. I have some video of the 2006 final buried on my computer, if interested I will try and post it or send it to you.
Yes that is a big difference!. That's 5 to 8 times longer than we run. Sounds like it is endurance over speed. A boat would have to carry a lot of fuel and be very stable maybe even tuned to run a lot slower to handle waves built up over 8 to 12 minutes in a single heat. Especially in the difference betwen hull weight on minute one versus minute 8 or 12 due to the difference in weight caused by 8 to 12 minutes of fuel concumption. This would make me wonder if the boat is built for speed at all?

I would like to see a video though.

This would make me wonder if the boat is built for speed at all?
I think I would disagree with you there as would Dave :D You talked about the DF, it is one of many similar hulls that are extremely successful in the Naviga style racing.

Not the best quality video I'm afraid but here's the link FSR-O 7,5. Daves boat is the yellow and blue with the number 3. Bear in mind that version 2 is the current version, what differences there are I don't know.

This would make me wonder if the boat is built for speed at all?
I think I would disagree with you there as would Dave :D You talked about the DF, it is one of many similar hulls that are extremely successful in the Naviga style racing.

Not the best quality video I'm afraid but here's the link FSR-O 7,5. Daves boat is the yellow and blue with the number 3. Bear in mind that version 2 is the current version, what differences there are I don't know.
How fast do you think these boats are going down the straight-away? 48-54mph?

Roger, I understand all of what you're saying. You want an American-made hull and to use as many US parts as you can on it yet you want something different from what everybody else is running, not an eaay thing to do. Unless you've still got some of Andy's motors you're going to put a foreign-made one in the boat of your choice. Same with radio systems, nothing US-made any more. That thing that you're staring into right now is also an overseas product.

The new Microburst looks promising and you could be the first one around your neck of the woods with one of those!

Last edited by a moderator:
Worse yet, most fiberglass mat and resin s are now being mode in China and elsewhere. I buy American when I can, but it is awfully hard to do in the model world.

Go Seaducer! its all I can say, just my .02 I have a .67 seaducer yet to see water but if I ever build another .45 boat it will be a seaducer again.

Roy

Design Time- :huh: ??? ;)

Come on Roger,

You have it in you and you know the best of both worlds (eastcoast/westcoast style) boats to blend the best of both worlds along with a little Euro flare. Thats the ONLY way your gonna be really happy anyway right ;)

BTW- Make a hatch for it too so it can run offshore also- I will take hull #3 ;)

Andy

Roger, I understand all of what you're saying. You want an American-made hull and to use as many US parts as you can on it yet you want something different from what everybody else is running, not an eaay thing to do. Unless you've still got some of Andy's motors you're going to put a foreign-made one in the boat of your choice. Same with radio systems, nothing US-made any more. That thing that you're staring into right now is also an overseas product. The new Microburst looks promising and you could be the first one around your neck of the woods with one of those!
Uhhhhh. Got plenty of those Andy's motors, the mono I run now is an Aeromarine. I haven't checked but I think they build in the US right?... And all of my hydros are from Andy.

One more thing... mmmm... that thing I am starring into???... Well... I am an Apple man... that lives in Silicon Valley. Headquarters is 10 minutes away we have 3 Apple stores within 10 minutes. I have one of the few systems designed, assembled and delivered within the same 10 minutes. So uhhhh... Yah! Can you say... Born in the USA.

But I am not locked into that. I just mentioned that it was one of the things that I didn't like with the FD.

Design Time- :huh: ??? ;)
Come on Roger,

You have it in you and you know the best of both worlds (eastcoast/westcoast style) boats to blend the best of both worlds along with a little Euro flare. Thats the ONLY way your gonna be really happy anyway right ;)

BTW- Make a hatch for it too so it can run offshore also- I will take hull #3 ;)

Andy
Hahahahahahaha!

Thanks for the vote of confidence but you must be thinking of the wrong Roger Hooks. Roger Hooks Sr. would tell you that I am not handy man and bring up the bread box that I made in the 7th grade. LOL!

Yeah Roger, some people didn't read your initial posting saying that you don't want a Seaducer or some of the other "popular" hulls wanting something that others aren't running. You also asked that this thread be about the Delta Force, not really anything else until your dismay that they are foreign made.

As far as I know, the only things coming from overseas from Aeromarine is the Mean Machine .18 and the boats that they import from JoTiKa in England.

If that bread box is still around you could drop a MAC in that! :lol:

Why I brought up the 'burst hulls to you is they can't be that bad when I see John Brown and Phil Thomas racing them plus had one myself.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but what about the Cal-Craft hulls from Lenny at Rum Racing??
http://www.rumracingproducts.com/
He has already owned those and Seaducers and is looking for something different, but mainly the DF hulls. STAY ON TOPIC CHILDREN! LOL :p :p :p :D :D

Cliff
I missed where he had a Cal-Craft after 30+ posts, but thanks for the reprimand Cliff. Good to know somebody is keeping track of everything for me.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but what about the Cal-Craft hulls from Lenny at Rum Racing??
http://www.rumracingproducts.com/
Yah... I know of Cal-Crafts too. They caught me sleeping at the 2007 nats and put a smack down on me. LOL! Never ease up on those So-Cal boys. Just when you think you go it wrapped up they keep coming.

I remember the first time I saw Bill Bridges 60 Cal-Crafts run. I thought they were so fast in the straights that I didn't think they could turn. And then they did. And did it seemingly just as fast. I was amazed. My dad had the Cal-Craft and I ran that a few times. I podiumed with that a few times as well. Never owned a Seaducer just borrowed them and did well with those too.

Thanks everyone for your input. It's a fun conversation anyway. I am also into looks. With the profession I have, it's hard for me not to be. I like my monos to look like real boats so I can paint it like a real boat. I thought about a cool cowling for the Seaducer at one time. Even talked to Jerry about it. I like cowled boats too. That is why I like my Aeromarine,

http://www.intlwaters.com/uploads/12353661...7_106_40831.jpg

http://www.intlwaters.com/uploads/12353661..._106_681890.jpg

... but even the double bubble canopies are old design. I would even consider sticking with Aeromarine but would prefer something a little longer for a 40 size boat which they do not have.

More stable and easier to get a good setup. I don`t know what speed you`re into in your style of racing, but DF is not slower than SD at all.

It is not easy to survive when you are in a heat with 10 boats, based on my experience both with DF and SD I would choose DF without doubt.

My experience also tells me that it is not often the fastest boat cross the finishline first.... Just my opinion... :)

More stable and easier to get a good setup. I don`t know what speed you`re into in your style of racing, but DF is not slower than SD at all. It is not easy to survive when you are in a heat with 10 boats, based on my experience both with DF and SD I would choose DF without doubt.

My experience also tells me that it is not often the fastest boat cross the finishline first.... Just my opinion... :)
Yes this is true. "To finish first, first you must finish" but it's the speed that keeps me interested. But can you be more specific still ehrn you say more stable and easier to get a good set-up.

Latest posts

Back