Take this H&M Viper Poll IF YOU HAVEN'T ELSEWHERE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should we do about Vipers for 2005?

• 1. Have NAMBA rule that they can all run unmodified in 2005.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Make owners unlucky enough to have bought a short one get out the expoxy and lengthen it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Al Waters said:
I dont really have an answer as you guys will know what is best in FE. At the Nitro Nats, as years went by, the Offshore and Deep Vee Enduros turned into the DeepVee/Offshore class. It was because of participation or lack of. For many years Dumas was the sponsor of all of the classes. The Prather Deep Vee was really the only Dep Vee and Gary Johnson (god bless the man) was just about the only the boater with a true Offshore boat. And there was one in Colorado.........
The class was combined running Cats with monos. The Cats would get the late start because they had cowls with drivers. The monos were not as fast on the course so it kind of balanced.

Things may have since changed on the Cats having cowls. Dont hold me to that one please.

The Deep Vees evolved from the Prather Deep Vees to the sleeker TwinCraft, CalCraft, and Seaducer monos.

Now the class has become whatever boats show up as heat racing is the big thing.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

93156[/snapback]

Thanks Al, that goes along with what I thought.

I can remember running my 3.5 tunnel in Offshore cause I was getting waxed in the 3.5 class. I figured my tunnel had a big fuel tank so it might just work!.....I still got waxed!

Dick

Back