STORM Series Race #1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gun barrels are cooling down and the race went off pretty well. We have another thread going for results and Bill will give you the winners there and on the STRA website hes developing.All the scores will be posted. After a lot of broken motors on Saturday trying for fast lap times and some no shows on Sunday the field narrowd to 15 in 20 Mod and 14 in 20 stock/sport witha total of 48 boats in 7 classes and 11 heats in a round. In the big 3 winners were; Shawn Junker 20 Stock/Vision/OS--Jay Halbrehder 20 Mod/Vision/OS (with tune pipe) and in 40 Mod John Otto/Vision/CMB. More details in following threads. Team Lynx was the other dominant boat brand in the field which total results will reveil. FE 5 boats with Pete Forcier taking the win

The big surprise was the course. A few were a little les than thrilled in the drivers meeting looking at the tri-oval. After the race was done Brandon now has a trademark-Tri-Oval Tunnel course. Everyone seemed to love the extra turn and short straightaways. Guys that liked or did not like it please post your opinion. I think this type of racing is gonna stick in the southern part of STORM races,

Mark Poole thanks for comming, helping CD, and teaching Shawn and me a lesson in Mod -VP. He didn't show his cards and took 1st place STORM points back to GA. Shawn and I had a great duel taking each other out for you. All good fun.

Thanks to all that helped out and the list is long with BMBC members. Bill, Hearl, Primo, Drake Jay, Mike Culhane and Drew for thankless "$1 dolla" retrieves. If I forgot anyone I appologize and lets look forward to Charleston,Savannah, and back here in what looks to be a Dec 4th-5th Storm final points race.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the Brandon clan for hosting a great race. I love the pond and that tri oval course was challenging but fun and I would do it again next time. Adds a new element that makes it interesting and different. Yeah Mic I watched you and Shawn go at it and did not want to make it a 3 way wreck fest so I put her on cruise control. Once I get more test time with this new boat I will be willing to run hammer down and rub sides with you guys. Your boat runs great in the rough stuff. Glad we could toss out a round since I had to get back home a go to work early this morning. Florida has some serious fast tunnels especially 20 class.

Met a lot of nice people. Even the TBM was gald to see me!!

Thanks to the Brandon clan for hosting a great race. I love the pond and that tri oval course was challenging but fun and I would do it again next time. Adds a new element that makes it interesting and different. Yeah Mic I watched you and Shawn go at it and did not want to make it a 3 way wreck fest so I put her on cruise control. Once I get more test time with this new boat I will be willing to run hammer down and rub sides with you guys. Your boat runs great in the rough stuff. Glad we could toss out a round since I had to get back home a go to work early this morning. Florida has some serious fast tunnels especially 20 class.

Met a lot of nice people. Even the TBM was gald to see me!!
Mark was a pleasure to meet you this weekend.

Did the wife get sunburned crashed out in the lawn chair with her book on Sunday ?? - lol :D

The Tri-Oval - IMHO

ROCKED !!!!!!! B)

It made for some exciting tunnel racing.

Gonna have to try it with the X-Mono one of these days ;)

Andy

Man-o-Man.... What a great weekend of racing that was. Good to see some old friends and meet some new ones too. I think there is seriously something wrong with Hearl though. Andy... I think you need to put Old Red on a diet! Mark...good to meet you. **** you had the Mod-VP haulin in the last heat. My thoughts on tri-oval racing...we shouldn't race any other way. It was awesome and added so much to the overall racing. There were so many different lines in and off that lonely pin in the back straight. It's the only way to fly from here on out in my book. To all that made this happen and helped out ...a big Thanks. Mic ...Great job!

Man-o-Man.... What a great weekend of racing that was. Good to see some old friends and meet some new ones too. I think there is seriously something wrong with Hearl though. Andy... I think you need to put Old Red on a diet! Mark...good to meet you.
Was great to meet you as well,

Dont know if your arms where tired from launching her, or counting laps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I really appreciate your pit help. ;)

The 5th heat was an ABSOLUTE BLAST :blink:

Old Red , Is getting the Mod (LMAO) motor back asap........... :lol:

Mic how can we convert my Mac 45 inboard for this thing- :rolleyes:

Andy

Mike basically said it all! This weekend was a blast! Those who did not make it to this one really missed some serious racing fun! I remember on Saturday looking at the tri-oval pin and thinking "I'm not to sure about this...", But Sunday morning heat one turn two, I was hooked! Oh yeah, we're gonna do this again. My Mod boat was a bullet on rails and is already pickled for WTC.

Thanks to everyone who supported this to get it off the ground!

Andy, You are the retreive boat extraordinaire !

Mike C. thanks for being my pitman and keeping me from making too many stupid mistakes. :)

I also need to tell little Zack something...

Dude... YOU ARE ON TOP OF YOUR GAME! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I had a pocket full of some when the heat started and he walked off with ALL of it... :D :D :D :D

Bill

Yeah Mike.......Mic looked over at me and said "you are going faster". I said WATCH THIS and pulled the trigger. By the WTC I will know exactly what the boat will do as I only got to run it once before the race. Keep in mind that was a box stock K&B too! Our pond is not wide enough for a tri oval but I will think of something cool. Maybe an egg, with a tighter turn on one end.

Mike basically said it all! This weekend was a blast! Those who did not make it to this one really missed some serious racing fun! I remember on Saturday looking at the tri-oval pin and thinking "I'm not to sure about this...", But Sunday morning heat one turn two, I was hooked! Oh yeah, we're gonna do this again. My Mod boat was a bullet on rails and is already pickled for WTC.

Thanks to everyone who supported this to get it off the ground!

Andy, You are the retreive boat extraordinaire !

Mike C. thanks for being my pitman and keeping me from making too many stupid mistakes. :)

I also need to tell little Zack something...

Dude... YOU ARE ON TOP OF YOUR GAME! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I had a pocket full of some when the heat started and he walked off with ALL of it... :D :D :D :D

Bill
Bill. Thanks for the good words to Zack, he had that course down. Believe it or not he never does any testing, i only have him every other weekend so i work on the boat and run it a little and he goes to the races a drives it with out any test time. I guess that's what vidio games do. Thanks again Bill i will make sure he see's this. Rich.

Latest posts

Back