Steering/throttle problems on Prather Fast Cat...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. FastBoat

Hello all. I am assembling my first boat, a prather fast cat (haha) and i am having problems with the throttle setting. Whenever i turn the engine to the right or left, the throttle barrel moves accordingly (depending on if it is a right or left turn). The instructions said to leave enough slack for the throttle cable (which i did) but i can't get it set the way it should be. iI am using the cable set that came with the accesory kit. I installed the cables as per the instructions. How do the rest of you guys overcome this problem? any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Make sure the cable's jacket is attached to the engine, so the whole assembly moves with the engine.

thlnkg.jpg

Hello all. I thank you very much for the pics and the posts. They helped a bunch. I did just as you guys showed me and it works great!! I haven't tried the boat yet but i know that the throttle and steering will work. Thanks a bunch. It is much appreciated.

Back