Stealth sport hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil,

I've been running GrimRacer packs all this season, ~40 cycles per pack. My first set of packs is still setting records and winning races. No performance change since new. If anything, they really came to life after 6-10 cycles.

Mr. Thomas you may also consider LI Ion cells as they are a more durable cell. I myself use Li po, but only cause i cant find or afford hi C 123 cells.

I would never suggest that a new FE boater start with such an obscure technology. :rolleyes: LiPo technology OTOH is well understood and lots of good support advice is available everywhere. Why handicap yourself with an unknown? A boat designer should use what his customers use if he wants to better understand his customers. The Li-ion cells just have not taken off in FE boats and may never do so - for good reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never suggest that a new FE boater start with such an obscure technology. :rolleyes: LiPo technology OTOH is well understood and lots of good support advice is available everywhere. Why handicap yourself with an unknown? A boat designer should use what his customers use if he wants to better understand his customers. The Li-ion cells just have not taken off in FE boats and may never do so - for good reasons..
Yea those grim cells at $80 are as much as I would go for, If Hugh cant find or afford I sure wont either, thanks any way Hugh

Well though hes new to FE hes far from a novice any any way. I agree Mr. Thomas they do cost more but Lith ion is certainly no more technologically advanced than lipos . The very reason I suggested them to him, "JAY T", is because hes what I consider an expert. Mr Thomas has been building world class race hydros since I was a kid. Thats a long time trust! Not to be in your pocket Mr Thomas but I think you may have a fatter wallet than me lol. They run li-ion cells more in europe. The main advantage to me is a more durable battery. The package typical lipos come in is garbage (blistering). If i had the cash id move away from lipos all day in favor of li ion, but your points are well taken. Try to get a lipo in a hard case . Just MY suggestion Mr Thomas. Oh Mr Thomas my wallet will definately be thinner when I order a SS45 from you. Man thats a bad boat. Good day sir.

Last edited:
Thanks, Hugh There is always something new specially in FE
Phil

I run one of your stealth hulls here in Colorado.....

It handles beautifully.

I would tell anyone who asks not to think twice on getting one.

I have Hyperion LiPo packs that are on one end of the spectrum of cost

and they are great packs.....but I am finding that for P-Spec racing the Turnigy

batteries seam to hold there own and at $29.00 shipped for a 5000 mah 40 C rating

it is hard to beat......

Thanks

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
The little bullets were the hottest part of my setups until I went to 5.5s, never had one de-solder or anything but there must be some resistance for that much heat to be generated.

Phil,

You can get away with the 4mm connectors to the motor for now but might really want to update your packs and controller to 5.5s. I use castle. Remember, you need to update your charge leads to 5.5 as well.

Truth is for your first few runs (and as you start to over prop your boat.. cuz you will, lol) its not a bad idea to have a 4mm connection fail "first".

Grim

Phil,You can get away with the 4mm connectors to the motor for now but might really want to update your packs and controller to 5.5s. I use castle. Remember, you need to update your charge leads to 5.5 as well.

Truth is for your first few runs (and as you start to over prop your boat.. cuz you will, lol) its not a bad idea to have a 4mm connection fail "first".

Grim
Ha over prop, on that subject is a 40 mm too much I have some 37-38mm too. You know I can loosen the tip pitch up to start, then pinch in a little more.

Latest posts

Back