Stealth sport hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil,

Which motor did you get; 2030KV or the 1800KV?

2030kv - I would start with an X442 and make sure you don't have any unexpected heat in the motor, controller, or batteries. Once you have the boat working without any heat issues you can move to an M445. Be careful and check your temps after the first minute or two, again checking for heat in any of the electronics. Generally, heat is a sign of over working one or more components of the electronics.

1800kv - you should be able to start with the M445 but using the same caution as listed above.

As you get a feel for the FE stuff and start to understand the precautions necessary with propping up, you can start trying other props.

Take Care,

Mike Ball

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil,Which motor did you get; 2030KV or the 1800KV?

2030kv - I would start with an X442 and make sure you don't have any unexpected heat in the motor, controller, or batteries. Once you have the boat working without any heat issues you can move to an M445. Be careful and check your temps after the first minute or two, again checking for heat in any of the electronics. Generally, heat is a sign of over working one or more components of the electronics.

1800kv - you should be able to start with the M445 but using the same caution as listed above.

As you get a feel for the FE stuff and start to understand the precautions necessary with propping up, you can start trying other props.

Take Care,

Mike Ball
It is a 2030 Thanks

I have raced against 2 Stealth Sports in District 20, I think one of them is running a modified H-7. The other I think was running a Prather 220-225.

Although if you are gonna try Nimh cells I would stay on small prop like a 438-440. That way the voltage isn't dropped to much under the heavy loads.

Morning Phil,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you... Here are some more pictures of my setup. First few pictures are of the 5.5mm bullet connectors on the batter. You will want to have the Female end on the positive battery wire, and the Male end on the negitive wire. This will allow you to plug in 2X 2S packs in series to allow 4S voltage with out an adapter. I have also posted how I protect the exposed Male lead using surgical tubing bought from the local hardware store.

DSCF0594.JPG

DSCF0595.JPG

DSCF0596.JPG

I have also taken some more pictures of the boat layout. If I were to do it over again, I would try and move the motor mount further forward. Right now I am 10.25" from the transom to the rear of the mount (front of motor). As you can see with my motor mount the motor sits high enough to allow the AquaCraft speed control to slide underneath. Also in the picture I am showing 2X 2S 5000mAh GrimRacer Lipos. I have ran this configuration all season long with very good results. I have the opinion that you will need to get the initial CG at 16" and then balance from there. In order to get that you will have a tough time doing it with out putting some lead in the tips of the boat.

DSCF0597.JPG

DSCF0598.JPG

DSCF0599.JPG

DSCF0600.JPG

DSCF0601.JPG

the other Stealth in our northern club is on a modified H-7.
WOW.... an H7 is a bunch of prop for a sport hydro on P-Limited Power. That has got to be a HOT set up, I would be interested in knowing how many amps he is pulling. I have been running an H5 and pulling 90amp average, 150amp spikes, topping out at 55mph (Eagle Tree Data)

I still have some fine tuning to do.

Later,

Mike

yeah I would too. He told me it was an H7 but I did not believe him until I watched him pull off the prop RIGHT after the heat and hand it to me.

My Whiplash is fast but this Stealth just pulled away from the pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id run a 637-642
that motor can take more prop than that Hugh!! the Stealth in our club is on Prather 220-225.

the other Stealth in our northern club is on a modified H-7.
I was just thinking that would be a safe starting point. I can believe the Ul motor can turn the h-7 coz they have more than two poles.I may put A p limited setup in my 27 inch U-25 Pak. When u tag something "limited" folks automatically believe there losing something in terms of quality or quantity. With the ul-1 I dont think thats the case.

an H7 is aggressive on a Sport Hydro like longballlumber stated I am not sure what was done to that prop but I know it was modified. Most Sports will not run an H7 with out frying something

When my Whiplash was stock I could not turn an H5 for heat racing, ran to hot.

OK why do the aquacraft ESC just beep contsantly and will not start up? had turned it one several times and got the correct beeps and could run the motor, now it wont get setup.

Phil, Your issue should be the throttle trim adjustment. How long is the capacitor on the esc? The new version is about 1 1/2"

jacko'

Phil,

What radio brand are you using? Futaba requires the throttle to be reversed. Sounds like Jack is the right guy to help.

Later,

Mike

Let's see some pictures when you get a chance.

Well I just checked it out agian and set throttle trim to 0 and rev the channel. I got the correct beeps and it started up ok.

I slow charged one set of batteries overnite too, figuring it maybe low battery voltage, but it works ok on two pairs of nimh batteries I have.

You guys sure this isnt just a waste of electricity. HA

Back