SPP OB Pipe 2006

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tim

We will have to get MJ and Tim to tell all the setup secrets!!!!

Pipe length etc etc!!!

I will have my MAC powered tunny pushing the Lynx as hard as I can!

Dave

I'm still getting people tell me how amazed they were with the speed and revs of Mark J's Lynx at a race a few weeks ago. Usually it's from guys that race bigger inboard boats too! The SPP 2006 OB pipe rocks! B) B)

Is that this pipe?

The Lynx goes nice

A video would be great to see the speed of that thing.

Ronald.

I'm still getting people tell me how amazed they were with the speed and revs of Mark J's Lynx at a race a few weeks ago. Usually it's from guys that race bigger inboard boats too! The SPP 2006 OB pipe rocks! B) B)

Is that this pipe?

The Lynx goes nice

A video would be great to see the speed of that thing.

Ronald.
Yes mate this is the pipe.

I will try and get video in the future.

Regards

MJ

Mike and Carl,

Thanks for the response,now that I am running a outboard I will be working on some new items

that will make it better for everyone. The engine height and angle gauge is currently in the works,

and I have a new propeller that maybe the new S.A.W. KING. :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
No secrets here Dave,

Thats not the way we do things. Anyone wanting to know about the pipelength needs to know a few things. Like, the boat is powered by a smokin' hot Novarossi, and most other engines won't make the same revs with the same prop as it runs. Also, what works on a lynx won't work on other hulls like the Nemesis. Right Gino?

The scary thing is, there is more to come from this engine when we start playin' with head buttons and cooling - it's still stock up top. Still only running 50% nitro with 20% oil too........ then there is the P.O. B) B)

yeh I know theres no secrets, Time to have a good look at my MAC now and start tuning it now its nearly run in. Got a lot to do on the head volune and or pipe stinger to see what I can squeeze out of it.

Dave

Dave,

Squeeze down on the stinger size a little bit more and you will wake that MAC OB up. :D

I have a new pipe design that I will be sending you this week with another propeller order.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Dave,

Squeeze down on the stinger size a little bit more and you will wake that MAC OB up. :D
Hi Mark,

Guess what? MJ and I tried it - it didn't work on the AB modified MAC we tested with. The .290 worked best for us. And that was also on a Lynx. Same deal with a stock CMB RS21 on another boat - preferred the .290 over anything smaller.

The Novarossi however, was a very different story - 0.270......... and could go smaller I think.

Tests were conducted on 50% nitro at sea level and 95 on the RAD guage.

Tim.

Mark

Sorry for the attitude !!!! :rolleyes: and the words said ....I was wrong saying it on this fourm!!!!! "" CABIN FEVER""

Butch

Thanks for that reply Tim, :eek: because I'm going to run your Mac set up as soon as I nail down the prop....

Dave

We will be building at the same time... Lynx/Mac /Lawless/1440-X442 Lynx cut... Give this new radar gun and stop watch a work out....

Butch

Tim,

Did you try opening up the stinger on the modified MAC 21 OB motor? With the porting of the MAC

you may need to go in the other direction? Your testing has been very similar to our Nova Rossi

testing. You may need 20% more NITRO for your tests? :D 70% is our standard fuel here at

Props-4-U,and it is working well in all engine sizes.

Keep Testing,

(It is the only way to learn more)

Mark Sholund :D

Butch,

38mm is the ticket on the propellers, if you are interested? The 1440 B/C has been the best so far.

You just need to reduce them enough for the engine to "spin to the moon". :D

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

The largest stinger diameter we tried was the .290, had a lot of things to try at the time and we didn't get to the point of trying larger than that - might try it the next time we test with the MAC. It is really well behaved with the 0.290, idles and transitions well and didn't fuel up at all.

For some reason, I have never been able to get 65% nitro to work any better than 50% at our pond. Not sure why? I do believe this is holding us back on how much prop we can get away with,(especially in 21 riggers) but we aren't slower than the rest of the field while using 50% so it's just a matter of being a little conservative when it comes to pitch.

Butch,

We loved the ABC40x53 with the MAC - more so for handling and driveability than out and out speed, but I'd suggest it is a GREAT starting point for your testing! The Lynx cut 442 was better for speed. The 1440 is faster still but the handling isn't as good in my opinion - the boat felt nervous at times with it.

Hope this helps,

Tim.

MJ

Im not doin mutch to the ingun cus andy did me a good one and it dont need anything. i have the luxury of being able to experiment with pipes! making things to suit my engine has given me some good power gains!

still gotta get the right prop for it yet. the 437 is cool on the nemesis

Dave

MJ

Im not doin mutch to the ingun cus andy did me a good one and it dont need anything. i have the luxury of being able to experiment with pipes! making things to suit my engine has given me some good power gains!

still gotta get the right prop for it yet. the 437 is cool on the nemesis

Dave
Sorry Mate,

am I off the pace or what, are you refering to the Nemesis or the secret project?

Tim,

...The 1440 B/C has been the best so far.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund
That's not been my experience. The 1440 is not even in the same league as the props we've been running and I'm pretty sure we were the only Lynx racing in D2 last season.

got my head button down to 0.017cc's @ 0.006 clearence dave this is somthing you

might want to try :D
Greg,

Did you just deck the stock head to get that or did you make a new button with a reduced bowl diameter / more squish area? The latter is something I wanted to try with the MAC but never got that far.

Tim.

Back