Speed blister for Kmot

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climate Models

Since I can not answer any posts on the "red board" * due to being banned for some unexplained reason, I will post an answer to a customers question here and hope that they get to see it.

It is easy to make a small blister on a hatch to clear a motor endbell or cooling coil by using a plastic spoon.

Simply cut the handle off of an appropriately sized spoon and glue it on to the hatch. This makes a nice clean "Bump" on the boat, and gives that extra bit of needed room to clear the motor.

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

*Posting in this manner in no way violates any copyright laws that have been printed in the USA or Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a solution if the hatch is plastic or lexan. You can heat it up and push it out so that it has a bubble. The best way is to make yourself a little mold from pine. Nothing to fancy. Just something with a depression in it. Mine was usually a hole about the size of the bubble or bigger. Lay the hatch on the mold. Cover with another piece of ply that has a cutout to the area that needs to be heated. This helps the edges stay flat. Heat up with heat gun and push down on the lexan till cool. You can push down with anything. I have used dowels, spoons, my hands with gloves, even the 05 motor that it needed to clear. Works perfect everytime.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Climate Models said:
Since I can not answer any posts on the "red board" * due to being banned for some unexplained reason, I will post an answer to a customers question here and hope that they get to see it.
You to.... :blink: what the heck.....

Back