Just my View from the Sidelines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paul L

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to address certain concerns via the "other thread".

Let's get to it now. :) I haven't posted here before, only lurked until this moment. At this point, I am concerned over how much free speech exists here. The previous thread was locked down for reasons of personal attack, etc. Here's what I read while creating my login, the important part:

"You agree, through your use of this YaBB forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not only humorous, but legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this YaBB forum. "

It would appear at this point that a number of members have violated these rules, yet they remain active, with no consequences from this board. One in particular from Ohio comes to mind, he knows who he is, and I am dissapointed. :-( I find it interesting that so much talk is about the "red board", while there is little talk on the "red board" about what goes on over here. I suspect there is a great deal of bitterness in that respect.

I must admit, it's been a very interesting change of pace to come to a forum where such accusations, presumptions, and ridicule drive so many posts, in particular, to the locked thread (I read up a bit before this post, I assure you). I am learning more about a few of 'yall that I didn't anticipate. :)

On with my opinions:

I saw that RRR stopped selling the Lehner line of ESC's and motors- my first guess, "Something wasn't right, must be the service". I would further believe RRH in this instance. What is the manufacturer going to say, "Yeah, we wouldn't repair the ESC's because they failed due to design flaws"??? Sure, you have one, and it works great. Fantastic. But, at how many good versus bad defects is a product deemed "good"? The response as posted by Steve Vasdekis was interesting (Ok, funny! Trust the manufacturer in his responses for a product being claimed as flawed, sure.... :)), at only face value. How did BK / Lehner perform at the SAWS this year? What would YOU say if you built ESC's, shipped them overseas, and had them fail? Quite a distance to give a crap, huh?

Re everyone selling, hidden agendas, and all that mess..... I have seen folks with hidden agendas post about XYZ product, anywhere where such is possible (in any forum, in any venue). At what point does it become the responsibility of the forum owners to determine who is speaking out their butt and who is being legit? Red Flag Joe Newbie because he came up with a new idea that wasn't thought of before? Awe, come on!!! :)

What I HAVE seen from the FE hobby, not specific to any forum, is that there is a lot of competition, and not on the water. My opinion, if you have something to offer to the HOBBY (not JUST for the $$$) then GO FOR IT. Back to another bit- if RRH was selling ESC's, and it was found that these ESC's and their servicing didn't benefit the customers, WHY would RRH CONTINUE to provide such ESC's? Now, why did the manufacturer cut out on their obligations to provide a quality product? Quality products sell because they last, they don't end up in a bin of 50 cousins destined for maritime ecstasy on a leisure cruise back home. Andy K is a perfect example of why a quality product sells. ;-) And, trust me, it's a totally different scenario when the engineer is selling you a product he built (not just a marketing department).

FOR THE RECORD, Eddieh and Dan Chase don't type what they type in another forum to make money. For otherwise to be insinuated is ludicrous, and pathetic. Enough said.

I think there is a great amount of upset from those who can no longer post at RRR. I have sympathy for these folks. You have to get nasty to get banned, and not just nasty, but nasty, warned, and continuing your mode of operation..... :) That's pretty cut and dry, I'm sure...

If any of you have a personal "beef" with me, just email me, [email protected] .

In full compliance with the rules and regs of this board, I am hence finished with this post. Thank you for participating..

Take Care,

Paul

Hello Guys,

How did BK / Lehner perform at the SAWS this year?
Well, I know Lehner is the fastest motor on the planet right now. I also "heard" the BK controllers didn't hold up. You have to keep in mind BK and Lehner are 2 different companies.

I have a BK 1870 controller and although I wish I never bought it it does work perfect. Actually I own 2 Schultze and 6 Hacker controllers as well and none of them are as "smooth" as the BK. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending BK in any way I'm just posting my experiance with them.

I belive it will all come out in the wash so to speak so double guessing won't help anything.

Paul.

You look like a hidden agenda to me. The same old song and dance, it never ends.

Steve

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to address certain concerns via the "other thread".

Let's get to it now. :) I haven't posted here before, only lurked until this moment. At this point, I am concerned over how much free speech exists here. The previous thread was locked down for reasons of personal attack, etc. Here's what I read while creating my login, the important part:

"You agree, through your use of this YaBB forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not only humorous, but legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this YaBB forum. "

It would appear at this point that a number of members have violated these rules, yet they remain active, with no consequences from this board. One in particular from Ohio comes to mind, he knows who he is, and I am dissapointed. :-( I find it interesting that so much talk is about the "red board", while there is little talk on the "red board" about what goes on over here. I suspect there is a great deal of bitterness in that respect.

I must admit, it's been a very interesting change of pace to come to a forum where such accusations, presumptions, and ridicule drive so many posts, in particular, to the locked thread (I read up a bit before this post, I assure you). I am learning more about a few of 'yall that I didn't anticipate. :)

On with my opinions:

I saw that RRR stopped selling the Lehner line of ESC's and motors- my first guess, "Something wasn't right, must be the service". I would further believe RRH in this instance. What is the manufacturer going to say, "Yeah, we wouldn't repair the ESC's because they failed due to design flaws"??? Sure, you have one, and it works great. Fantastic. But, at how many good versus bad defects is a product deemed "good"? The response as posted by Steve Vasdekis was interesting (Ok, funny! Trust the manufacturer in his responses for a product being claimed as flawed, sure.... :)), at only face value. How did BK / Lehner perform at the SAWS this year? What would YOU say if you built ESC's, shipped them overseas, and had them fail? Quite a distance to give a crap, huh?

Re everyone selling, hidden agendas, and all that mess..... I have seen folks with hidden agendas post about XYZ product, anywhere where such is possible (in any forum, in any venue). At what point does it become the responsibility of the forum owners to determine who is speaking out their butt and who is being legit? Red Flag Joe Newbie because he came up with a new idea that wasn't thought of before? Awe, come on!!! :)

What I HAVE seen from the FE hobby, not specific to any forum, is that there is a lot of competition, and not on the water. My opinion, if you have something to offer to the HOBBY (not JUST for the $$$) then GO FOR IT. Back to another bit- if RRH was selling ESC's, and it was found that these ESC's and their servicing didn't benefit the customers, WHY would RRH CONTINUE to provide such ESC's? Now, why did the manufacturer cut out on their obligations to provide a quality product? Quality products sell because they last, they don't end up in a bin of 50 cousins destined for maritime ecstasy on a leisure cruise back home. Andy K is a perfect example of why a quality product sells. ;-) And, trust me, it's a totally different scenario when the engineer is selling you a product he built (not just a marketing department).

FOR THE RECORD, Eddieh and Dan Chase don't type what they type in another forum to make money. For otherwise to be insinuated is ludicrous, and pathetic. Enough said.

I think there is a great amount of upset from those who can no longer post at RRR. I have sympathy for these folks. You have to get nasty to get banned, and not just nasty, but nasty, warned, and continuing your mode of operation..... :) That's pretty cut and dry, I'm sure...

If any of you have a personal "beef" with me, just email me, [email protected] .

In full compliance with the rules and regs of this board, I am hence finished with this post. Thank you for participating..

Take Care,

Paul

Mr. Paul L, who's the person behind the post? To validate your argument your going to need to post a real email address in my eyes!

By the way, I'm not on any side, I just don't like being deceived!

Hamptonroads is another hotmail.

http://home.hamptonroads.com/email/index.cfm

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

Hello Guys,

How did BK / Lehner perform at the SAWS this year?
Well, I know Lehner is the fastest motor on the planet right now. I also "heard" the BK controllers didn't hold up. You have to keep in mind BK and Lehner are 2 different companies.

I have a BK 1870 controller and although I wish I never bought it it does work perfect. Actually I own 2 Schultze and 6 Hacker controllers as well and none of them are as "smooth" as the BK. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending BK in any way I'm just posting my experiance with them.

I belive it will all come out in the wash so to speak so double guessing won't help anything.

Paul.
I have one, an 1870, and it has worked fine for me.

They don't seem to have been a real popular controller, I don't know anyone else who had (or has) one.

I like the ability to change the set up but, that could also make them more open to damage through human error.

If nothing else, they could end up as collectors items! :)

KW

Paul the fast boats were using Schultz controllers. They are the only ones making a 170 amp controller but at $500 a pop ouch! Tim did his 100 mph pass with a 99 amp hacker controller and a hacker 8xl motor. He had burnt his 77 amp Hacker controller. This is not saying Hacker controllers are no good it is the number of amps he was pulling that burnt the controller.

Paul the fast boats were using Schultz controllers. They are the only ones making a 170 amp controller but at $500 a pop ouch! Tim did his 100 mph pass with a 99 amp hacker controller and a hacker 8xl motor. He had burnt his 77 amp Hacker controller. This is not saying Hacker controllers are no good it is the number of amps he was pulling that burnt the controller.
He was trying to hit 100 with a 77A Hacker? :)

I think that would qualify as "operator abuse".

Did it look like a lump of coal when he was finished?

KW

KW
No, it looked like a new S Hydro record with a pass over 100mph.

Equipment gets abused at the SAW.

KW

With a 77A Hacker?

Would a picture help you? :)

KW

KW

With a 77A Hacker?

Would a picture help you? :)

KW
Nope, your right it. My mistake. I guess it pays to read a little closer. ;)

May I?

From the bit I read above this is not the place for this , but I will anyway.

The burnt speedos (three to be exact) were cooked in a P hydro. The first was a Navy 77 which got cooked good, the second showed no visual signs of its falure. The third was a Navy 99 that was cooked really good, I have to give credit for that one to my ole buddy Pete B. Note these were all in the same P hydro, same setup.

In my record boat I ran a Navy 99 (which I modified voiding the warranty). I got the info from Dick and Joerg on the mod and made an adjustment of my own. I will not get into the mod as it does void the warranty. I ran the 99 in the neighborhood of twenty runs over the course of the weekend and only thermaled it once. That was the first run with three passes. I beleive the Navy`s can be ran even harder with this mod and have told Hacker USA about the mods. I beleive had I of modified the other controllers I would have had no smoke. Smoke seemed to be in order as Brian and Donnie were calling me the Mad Alaskan Jr., dont think I can ever fill those shoes but the stinch sure caused massive excitement when walking through the pits with my boat. ;D Pics can be viewed on the Red Page as they are called under SAWs-the high price of being fast. Yes it was pricey,but if further test shows the mods are a good pervention against speedo failure under these extreme conditions it will be well worth it to all who use this particular product.

Smoke um if ya got um.

JMTCW

Tim

A borrowed BK 1895 was the only ESC that I could get to work in my N-2 Hydro with a Hacker brushless at this years SAW's. Melted the positive battery wires off a pair of Castle Phoenix 80's, both of which still work fine after resoldering the leads. They were good for a one-way pass, but overheated on the return runs. The 1895 allowed me to make a couple of two way passes over the N-2 record speed, but timing sensor problems prevented times from being recorded on the return runs. Would have attempted a fix for the sensor situation, but it was late Sunday afternoon and I had (still have) an attitude problem regarding the lack of support from certain Hacker vendors...... ;)

Still hold the N-2 record with a brushed 05 motor, anyway...... ;D

Patrick.......

Get us a 4 cell brushless motor!

A borrowed BK 1895 was the only ESC that I could get to work in my N-2 Hydro with a Hacker brushless at this years SAW's. Melted the positive battery wires off a pair of Castle Phoenix 80's, both of which still work fine after resoldering the leads. They were good for a one-way pass, but overheated on the return runs. The 1895 allowed me to make a couple of two way passes over the N-2 record speed, but timing sensor problems prevented times from being recorded on the return runs. Would have attempted a fix for the sensor situation, but it was late Sunday afternoon and I had (still have) an attitude problem regarding the lack of support from certain Hacker vendors...... ;)

Still hold the N-2 record with a brushed 05 motor, anyway...... ;D

I believe that a few of the available BL motors would work on 4 cells, the problem is in finding an ESC that will function at 4 cell voltage levels......

Latest posts

Back