ML Boatworks RSX240 , The little brother to the RSX310, 24", 2s lipo- N FE Rigger!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Finally finished the RSX240, 24" Outrigger kit. It is a little brother to the RSX310, 31" hull some of you may have seen posted here. I have to make the cowl plug and mold, but the kit is complete, and is usable without the cowling as it includes the wood hatches, but you will need a bump up to do so. I will post this on the website, but just know the cowling plug is not available just yet, but will be soon! The tub width is a comfy 3" wide, and internal frames have been moved around to properly fit the 2s lipo and motor. you can see in the pics below the shaded motor and lipo. It is depicting a 2s lipo and a 36x60mm can motor. So as you can see, plenty of room. The top deck sponson skins are 1/32" as well, and enough 1/32" ply is included to sheet the rear sponsons as well. I do not do a precut skin for the rear sponsons as 1/32" is so thin, you can glue it on, and use a razor blade to shape fit the edges with ease. I will not be building one of these any time soon as I don't have the time, but it is based on the 31" which runs wonderful, so there is no reason to say this will not. Should be a blast actually. Anyways, here are some plan pics, and a pic of the RSX240 vs. the RSX310. An RSX380, 38" 6s hull kit is also in the works. Enjoy! Mike Luszcz

RSX240a_zps60usov65.jpg

24" vs 31"

RSX240b_zpsx5pczjwh.jpg

RSX240_zpse5prwlmy.jpg

Here is a pic of the RSX310 for comparison.
20160709_140158_zps59adqkqv.jpg

20160709_134434_zpsqdncaegi.jpg

-

Mike,

You are the man. Looks like a 3S battery should fit without a problem. Good winter project.

Bob

Mike keep us posted. I'm probably going to want one of these little guys once you get a cowl made. I just finished setting up my Minisprint for 3S with cooling on the motor and Esc. Barely enough room, very tight to stuff everything in. Should try it this weekend. This 240 should be just the ticket.

Bob

The framing for the RSX240 and RSX380 cowling plugs arrived. So now, I will be starting on them. The 240 is easy as I can cut down the RSX310 cowling pictured, but the RSX380 will need a larger cowling, so I will have to make one up from scratch.

20161005_194943_zpsnvervpjy.jpg

-

Hi Mike,

Bob Horowitz here. Just curious, will you still cut the cowl for the 24" boat with a rectangular flange? I hope so, it looks likes there's plenty of room. Let us know when you've got everything ready. I want one. Hopefully you can supply one of those nice stainless steel turn fins like you did on the 31" boat. Just let me know when to send the moolah.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, This should easy your mind a little. Yes, I cut it to fit the size properly! Here is a new pic from what I got done last night. Mike

20161007_072954_zpsptdogoka.jpg

Mike,

Looks real nice. Looking forward to getting one of these. As I've said before, I really like the smaller boats.

Bob

Wont be long now Bob. The kit is designed, and ready for cutting, and as soon as the cowling mold is made, its ready!

Yeah, I need to talk to Kevin about getting a couple in. I overordered last time and still have like 8 in stock for the 310! haha

If you want to get rid of them, put them out there for sale. They would probably work fine on the Kep's 4SL or 4 open or maybe even on a Zip 21 FE.

Bob

I have them on my website, just no bites. I could list them here I guess. Talk soon, Mike

Mike,

When you have the whole shebang ready, kit, cowl, and turn fin. Please let me know. I'll commit right now if you want.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, it's no rush on payment. You are first in line for sure. I know you have been patiently waiting...I kinda want one for myself too...but no time to build one right now. More soon, Mike

Finally finished the RSX240, 24" Outrigger kit. It is a little brother to the RSX310, 31" hull some of you may have seen posted here. I have to make the cowl plug and mold, but the kit is complete, and is usable without the cowling as it includes the wood hatches, but you will need a bump up to do so. I will post this on the website, but just know the cowling plug is not available just yet, but will be soon! The tub width is a comfy 3" wide, and internal frames have been moved around to properly fit the 2s lipo and motor. you can see in the pics below the shaded motor and lipo. It is depicting a 2s lipo and a 36x60mm can motor. So as you can see, plenty of room. The top deck sponson skins are 1/32" as well, and enough 1/32" ply is included to sheet the rear sponsons as well. I do not do a precut skin for the rear sponsons as 1/32" is so thin, you can glue it on, and use a razor blade to shape fit the edges with ease. I will not be building one of these any time soon as I don't have the time, but it is based on the 31" which runs wonderful, so there is no reason to say this will not. Should be a blast actually. Anyways, here are some plan pics, and a pic of the RSX240 vs. the RSX310. An RSX380, 38" 6s hull kit is also in the works. Enjoy! Mike Luszcz

RSX240a_zps60usov65.jpg

24" vs 31"

RSX240b_zpsx5pczjwh.jpg

RSX240_zpse5prwlmy.jpg

Here is a pic of the RSX310 for comparison.

20160709_140158_zps59adqkqv.jpg

20160709_134434_zpsqdncaegi.jpg

-
Awesome work as always Mike

Mike,

I'm getting caught up on the stuff on my bench. How are things looking on the RSX240. Anxiously waiting. Already bought batteries and an ESC for another N boat, so I already have some of the components. Got a nice Neu 1515 4400kv that should be sweet in this boat.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, I got your email. I will be finishing up the cowling plug for the RSX240 this week, and making the mold. I had some other things ahead of it, but this week might be it! I will keep you posted, don't worry, you are first on the list. I could go ahead and send you the wood kit tho? Let me know if you need it on your workbench right now, and I will get you the cost. Then I can just ship the cowling later. Just let me know, Mike

Latest posts

Back