Sneak Peak- Rebuild Thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Bob, No more pictures of the boat. I would like Rick to take one picture of Andy when he arrives in GA. Bet he's dressed like Nanook of the North
default_laugh.png
. How many blankets do you have Georganna?
All good, it may be chilly- but I have been at that pond in low 20"s so I'm all right.
default_wink.png

Bob I have a fresh gallon of Otto fuel I dont plan on returning with and as far as the Winter Nats, it wont make its debut there, think Spring Nats -

I will be racing more out of state next year at a few select races. I plan on running the snot out of it with Rick there so he can share with ya that I CAN drive a scale
default_cool.png

I wanna be first in line for that SP40 btw
default_rolleyes.gif

Jack who ?????

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
What??? Guess I missed that renege.

God willing and the creek don't rise - I'll be at the Spring Nats too. I shall look forward to it. We had a blast at the last one. Hopefully 2014 race will be better yet. I'll drag an Olde, rag tag scale boat along just for grins.

If it's going to be 20 degrees - bring dark Jamaica rum to kick start RB with. CHEERS!!! Bob

I'm not gonna give him rum at 11 am- he can bring his own . Georganna and I are hitting the road bright and early in the AM

Early Christmas for daddy ..........

Hey Andy,

Can you hear it Ray??? O830 in Gainesville, RB about to roll out of the driveway, Zach Brown "Uncaged" blasting in the Sierra, coffee being poured down the cake hole.........

Further South, blasting Northward, the Space Shuttle heading toward Sycamore, the sound heard by all in vicinity is the chattering of teeth, knocking of knees as Andy punches, Recompute into the Biotch in the Box. Don't be late or you're liable to find 'himself' asleep in his lakeside recliner.

Only a gallon??? "Jack who ?????" - - - If you run it in Florida, you'll know.

Have a Great test session. RB - be nice. CHEERS !!! Bob

default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
, bob! drew sent me a pic at the state line, now all he's gotta do is be allowed back into fl. george said it was 50*, andy had to turn on the heat in the car
default_rolleyes.gif
. poor baby.........

just got a pic from the lake. boat ran great, drew says it's a rocket ship (not a space shuttle
default_laugh.png
). they're headed home now, or at least as far as the state line, i called the FHP & warned 'em
default_cool.png

Har, Har!!! Have FHP stop him and tell him to drive around to get home.

I haven't. Heard from RB as yet. He may have hauled freight home to sample some Appleton Estate XIV.

A rack available in the shop - what will he fill that slot with???

Get hot Andy and rack up some stick time on that beauty!!! CHEERS!!! Bob

Amazingly enough, I was allowed back into Fla and we just got home,lol.

The boat looks awesome and drives even better, RRRick knocked this one out of the park- speed is very good and it corners like a dream. Will post up a short video here in a few, ran twenty laps or so(2 tanks) and its impressive to say the least.I didnt need to see anymore- The weather was pretty snotty and that boat handled it like a champ. Im smiling ear to ear.

Once again Rick, THANK YOU ............

Andy

Glen we took one blanket and it was for the Mark and Pak!

They let him back into FL cause he was finally smart enough to marry me ;P

Rrrick did an amazing job, I KNOW what a mess it was went it went up there and it is a whole new boat, beautiful work.

Drew is still grinning.

Georganna and Andy, Glad the trip went well- He may have that grin for some time. I kind of got the "ear to ear" grin going on myself . After about two weeks of heavy frosts and highs in the low to mid 40's probably got about 70 here today
default_biggrin.png

Glenn he's a happy man and that makes me happy so it's all good if he's grinning.

Dayum Rrrick... tech difficulties so here is what we have for now............. This is only about the 5th or 6th lap but the boss man called him in to do some mill laps. Short but sweet... no point showing em a dollar when a dime will do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8y9dwl3hl25hun/20131215_121331.mp4

glad ya'll had a safe & fun trip!! **** FHP, about average for state workers, slackin' as usual
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
!

Looks like she runs pretty good, Rick does nice work and it shows.
default_smile.png

You couldnt be more spot on . I have an entire new respect for those of you that turn out work like this AND it produces on the pond, hats off.

I promise to drive the pants off it- but I could NEVER have done the refinish as well as RRRick did.

Hell he even left me a love note on the inside of the radio box lid, NO I wont share- lmao

8yukgw.jpg

9lhj50.jpg

29onbsm.jpg

Andy, Joe Scarpino in Colorado makes some very fine custom boat stands. They are NAMBA legal and wrap around the prop and rudder and believe they have a provision for holding four spare glo-plugs at the ready. All cut out on a CNC router to your specs and for a few bucks more can be CNC engraved with your name or logo. I think Joe is still the webmaster on NAMBA's D-20 website so you could probably get his e- mail addy. there for order forms, prices or pictures of his work.

Joe's stuff is VERY nice, but I'm thinking wood to be a bit more period correct. Dont get me wrong, carbon would look cool, just not for a 78 boat.

The one its on in the pic was just what I had laying around to get her home.

Latest posts

Back