Sneak Peak- Rebuild Thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe's stuff is VERY nice, but I'm thinking wood to be a bit more period correct. Dont get me wrong, carbon would look cool, just not for a 78 boat.

The one its on in the pic was just what I had laying around to get her home.
Cut down a palm tree and make one !!
default_biggrin.png
RRRay.................==={}

No space shuttles here Pal- will hit Depot on my day off next week and carve one up, Do a little stain gimmick and make it right
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Dick , between his placement- and then a littler extra
default_rolleyes.gif
and your craftsmanship on the fin-

Its a Home Run
default_wink.png

Managed to get a little done on the stand, nothing off the chain, just basic. Oak with a red Chestnut stain- then clear gloss after a few coats. Assembled and first coat drying.

24g15c6.jpg

It has a proper stand -

Nothing special- few pieces of Oak stained and cleared - but it beats the pvc garbage.

Darker than I wanted it but it works...........

25qfwk4.jpg

11sh7v4.jpg

The neighbor recovers pool tables so I used a couple of pieces of scrap he had laying around for the padding.

Very nice boat! I remember watching that boat race here in the Tri-cities when I was younger, Very nice job on the resto.

Mark-

What one are you interested in ? I think the space shuttle is in storage and Glens old boat is with my brother waiting to see if he gets to it for himself.

Tim-

Thank You, but the credit truely goes to Rick Belinger - He did what the boat deserved and I couldnt do
default_sleep.png

Andy

Well the space shuttle needs LOTS of love- and still a ton to be done- the air trap has been filled but there is a TON of sanding and work to be done.

If your willing to take on the challenge and you can be patient with me digging it out of storage , I would give it too you.

The other one, Im still trying to get my brother hooked on- So I dont really want to part with it quite yet.

Andy, FREE would be great. I would be willing to pay shipping for an offer like that. BTW, why do you call it the space shuttle ? Whenever you dig it out could you post a pic or 2. Thanks, Mark.

LMAO= I will let one of the 3 Rrr's cover that answer - Rrrick / Rrray or Rrrobin
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png

I tended to way over think and ask way to MANY questions during my attempt to upgrade that Dumas hull Mark-

At one point , I think it was Rrray that told me- Its not Rocket Science
default_rolleyes.gif
and the nickname followed .
default_laugh.png

It will probably be at least Sunday before I can get by there to grab it, and send you a few pics. Dont get over worked up- it needs LOTS of love - but its a free start if your willing to do it.

Andy

LMAO= I will let one of the 3 Rrr's cover that answer - Rrrick / Rrray or Rrrobin
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png

I tended to way over think and ask way to MANY questions during my attempt to upgrade that Dumas hull Mark-

default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png

It will probably be at least Sunday before I can get by there to grab it, and send you a few pics. Dont get over worked up- it needs LOTS of love - but its a free start if your willing to do it.

Andy
That one's not on me. RRRick B coined that phrase.
default_ohmy.png
I to am guilty of not letting old boats die a peaceful death, can't bring myself to run them thru the band saw. Look in my galley at the sport 40 I started with
default_rolleyes.gif
I run that boat to this day. RRRay..........==={}

default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png

default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png

Andy
default_ohmy.png
I to am guilty of not letting old boats die a peaceful death, can't bring myself to run them thru the band saw. Look in my galley at the sport 40 I started with
default_rolleyes.gif
Wait is that an offer to bring it back to life for Mark Rrray ???
default_ohmy.png

default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png

default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png

Andy
default_ohmy.png
default_rolleyes.gif
Wait is that an offer to bring it back to life for Mark Rrray ???
default_ohmy.png
I was born in the DARK, but it wasn't last night, that's your baby.
default_wink.png
Besides I have my own U-50 scale "Space Shuttle" going since 09 from scratch, Newton plans.
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
RRRay

You guys are too funny. Project work, I am used to, so no big thang. Patience, I have a lot of. A brief little history, I belong to Voodoo model boat club down in New Orleans. I was born and raised here so before you ask, I am NOT a WHO DAT SAINTS fan. My brand is the New England Patriots. Figures though, I am also the only one in my club that is a scale hydro nut. I just march to the beat of a different drum. You guys have a good one and be safe. Andy I will keep up with you on the SPACE SHUTTLE here. LOL.

Not trying to be a pest Andy, but did you have time to dig out the SPACE SHUTTLE ?

PM sent also.

Back