Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beardslee

Supporting Member
It is with regrets that I inform you of the passing of Tim Reis.
He, Charlie Sweet and Dennis Worden started Crapshooters boats. He passed after a battle with cancer here in Michigan.

RIP Tim, thanks for having your fingers in the cookie jar,,, prayers 🙏🙏 for your family and friends

I say this with great sadness. Tim Ries - Inventor of the “Crapshooter” has passed away this past Wednesday. Tim was a good friend. He had been battling cancer for the past couple years.

Last edited:
RIP Tim and thanks for all the phone consultation back in the early days of the Crapshooter ~1976.

I remember one call in particular when I was having problems getting one of the original 40 size Crapshooters to turn. Tim said "You wheel it through the turns" "Chop the throttle, set the rudder and throw the throttle wide open" "Let it slide" "Coming out of the turn, when it's lined up straight let off the rudder"...

I believe the turn fin was only 1/4" to 1/2" deep on those boats - light and fast with a 2.2 Octura prop.

He was a great guy and always there to help his customers.

I drove many Saturdays to Tim’s shop to help him build Crapshooters. One of the nicest people you could meet. RIP Tim.

Tim was a great guy and what a craftsman. I still have a trophy that Tim made for an Internats back in the late 70's. Joey Albanese and I bought the Crapshooter Company (Precision Boat Mfg) from Tim.

A great guy that will be missed....

My father blew out a front sponson on his Super 60 Crapshooter at a Mini Gold Cup one year. Tim handed my dad his own back up sponsons. After that race Tim said to my dad - "You keep 'em, they work well on your boat" Never charged my dad. Tim was always giving back to the hobby. Great promoter.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Tim myself. I have heard many great stories and memories about Tim that seem to always come up when talking to fellow boaters. That as well as his famous Crapshooter Hulls tells me that he was an important contribution to model boating overall and a great person too. R.I.P. Tim

Back