RIP Joe Scarpino aka JRS innovations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny King

Joe Scarpino
JRS Innovations

We have lost another longtime hobbyist and Contributor.
I met Joe about 1990 at our local club in south Florida. He was one of 2 guys down here that had the best running boats down here. They set the bar. And I gave them both fits racing their riggers with my cat. Lol. Great times.
Joe and I lost contact sometime early 90’s. And about 10 years ago when I came back to boats he commented on some wildlife pics of ours and said he was from here, but lived in Colorado now. And I told him we used to run together and he remembered. And we have stayed in contact since.
I did tell him how much motivation and influence he was back then and he appreciated that.
The biggest downside
To starting in this hobby as a kid is most will pass before me. And many have. Jerry and I talk about that often.
Eric Swenson passed a few years back, he was the other major influence.
The other 2 that were most influential are still around and I am Still friends with them. Andy brown and Sam Augsburger.
Joe I hope you’re in the best place ever and next to your better half that you have missed so much. Thanks for your time, advice, compliments and sharing some passion for the glades and rc boats.
RIP

Joe got me started in FE boats. He came over to my house and helped me solder connections, setup cooling banks on my ECU etc. It was nice to have him around Colorado as a racer and friend. He missed his other half greatly. I have been out of boating for a hand full of years and still have the FE Andy Brown Q rigger that Joe helped me built. The ECU cooling was done by Joe with attention to detail.

He complimented me on how nice the Q rigger, Q sport and 67 Roadrunner rigger ran near the end of my boating days. Joe meant a lot to many people that purchased his boat stands and other products as well.
Rest in peace Joe!

RIP - Joe . The older we get and the more we hang around, I have lost more freinds in the last few years than I care to talk about, some of them super close.
Godspeed brother.

I didn't know him personally, but understand his impact on the rc community.
Rc lives and in our personal lives we have lost so many.
It is truly is a shame that we seem to lose the ones that impacted us the most.
I guess just offer support and do good things they would be proud of.

Latest posts

Back