Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbhawker

It saddens me to post the news I received today from Pat Irwin, her beloved Jim Irwin has passed away April 19th 2014. She wanted me to let all of his model boating community know of his passing, and his last words to all model boaters.

"Remember me with smiles and laughter as that is the way I'll remember you".

Services will be held at: Elm Ridge Funeral Home 4600 W. Kilgore Ave. Muncie,IN 47304. Services will be Friday April 25th, 3pm - 7pm, burial will be Saturday in Greenwood, IN.

I will never forget the day I meet Jim as I'm sure all of you remember the day you meet him as well. Jim helped me in more ways than one with my boats over the years and I will never forget you JIM IRWIN.

Rest in peace my friend. Jim was one of the best racers ever to come to Evansville,he gave his time to help others.

Thanks for the picture Mike. Anyone else have pictures they would like to share of Jim?

Those are the only 2 pics of Jim I have,but I do have more fond memories than you can count..

attachicon.gif
Irwin Indy.jpg Jim
It was sad to see Jim fail like he did. Those inboard tunnels he built were cool boat I had one like that too.

Jim Irwin was one of the founders of our hobby as we know it today. He brought so much technology advancement to us many years ago!!!! I was glad to see how popular his products still are even today. Rest in peace Jim. Thank you for your contributions to our toy boat hobby.....
default_smile.png

When I first saw and met him I have to admit that I thought that he was a grumpy old cuss but once I got to know him he was a good guy. We had a lot of late-night chats on AOL IM and I'd have to type with a large font so that it was easier for him to see. He showed up at the Toledo Show one year on a mobile scooter handing out those 1 oz. reserve fuel tanks that he had Sullivan make for him. Our last meet-up was at Hobart a couple of years ago.

Missing you.

This is the saded new for me .Jim I go back a long ways.Thru the fun time gokarting to the rc boating.My friend will be missed so much.God speed my friend and till we meet again.

Dave Roach

Never got a chance to meet Mr. Irwin, but my dad and uncle and brother speak nothing but praise for him. One person they would love to see at a race, a true innovator and great person.

Prayers from all of us, Rest in peace Jim.

Rest in peace Jim

Thank you for all you have done to help us boaters and the R/C boating hobby

When I first started having a interest in Rc boating way back in my younger years the surname Irwin was always mentioned whether in rc boat modeler mag or somewhere else in the rc boat community he was definately a big contributor to Rc boating.... RIP Jim Irwin...

David

when he found out i was getting into 1/8 scale, (4) .67 pipes showed up in the mail the next week unannounced...i called him frantically to pay him...he wouldnt take a dime..

Jim was a great friend, and a very kind man...he made boating fun

Back