silent engine / GENE "SNOWBALL" HELM

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Kramer

Supporting Member
long time i.m.p.b.a. member and founding member of Driftwood Model Boat Club of Ft Wayne, in. has passed away late sept 3, 2016. Gene Has been in declining health several years. he was the long time treasurer of the club . he had run 1/8 scale, (squire shop) and d-hydro . Gene earned the nickname "snowball" after his 3rd place finish at the 1996 internats held in ft wayne, in. . gene said " look at all these big name racers I have to compete against. I stand a "snowballs " chance in he!! of doing any good here". he was offered the advice to finish the race.

Genes viewing will be Wednesday 2-4 and 6-8 hockenmeyer - miller funeral home on st joe rd , ft wayne, in. 46835. services will be Thursday T 11:00 am.

rest in peace my / our friend . the race is over,......... you have won.

Dan Kramer

secretary

d.m.b.c. ft wayne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace Gene. Condolences go out to Donna, his Wife, and family.

Steve Ball

I have very fond memories of Gene and his wife Donna starting when I was just a kid. If I remember right Gene used to run a white Viper in D hydro with a red powder coated pipe....

Many thoughts to Gene's family.

Gene was one the guys I 1st raced with when I joined the Ft Wayne club way back in the 1980's RIP Gene

Walt Barney

Gene was a stand up guy and when we got together the jokes that we told.R.I.P my friend.Prayers for the family.

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Back