Silent Engines - Matthew Blaker

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawlessMan

I don't see that anyone has posted this information, so I am contributing it. Quite recently, longtime R/C boating enthusiast Matt Blaker , a member of the Southern Tier NY R/C Boat club, passed away due to complications from COVID-19. Sadly, Matt was pre-deceased by his beloved son Chris about a year ago. Chris was also an avid boater and he and Matt raced together at many events besides our local club races. Matt started racing in about 1997, about the time of the Internats held here in Elmira NY, and rarely missed a race since then, many with Chris at his side. Matt was a veteran, a father, a devoted husband and a diligent worker who loved to race boats. His presence and participation will be sadly missed. Our race this coming weekend is being called the "Matt Blaker Memorial Race", in his honor. Matt's family has generously donated all of his boats and equipment, including his customized trailer, to the club to sell, in order to improve and maintain our club pond. If you knew or raced against Matt and Chris, think good thoughts about them this weekend. Thank you.
Fred Howe

Last edited:
I raced with Matt and Chris, good people to be around!! They may rest in peace and race boats up above

Back