Doug Kirk

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Cathey

Supporting Member
Doug Kirk, longtime scale and District 8 racer lost his battle with cancer at 6:45 this morning. Doug entered into Hospice care on Saturday and has moved onto his new eternal home for the ages.

Doug was a man that had his priorities straight when it came to model boat using. With Doug it was fun (with liberal helpings of humor), service to the club, fellowship, a challenge and he loved the competition and viewed winning simply a bonus. His best day was winning the UNW Gold Cup at Jones Lake with 48 boats entered with a perfect 2,000 point day. I do not believe in over twenty years I ever heard him complain about a call. God forgive me, I wish I could say the same.

Doug grew up as a Seattle kid that absolutly loved unlimited hydroplane racing and was a learned historian going back to the 50's. He never missed the Tri-Cities race and had the same viewing spot on the Pasco side for over 30 years.

God Speed, buddy

That is sad to read. I talked to him several times at races the past few years, was always great to talk to.

Back