Shameful In Seattle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
It is so disheartening to watch what is happening in Seattle right now and what has happened to other cities that have been burned and looted the last few days. It really hits home when the lawlessness and destruction of parts of a beautiful city just 30 miles north of where I live is occurring live on TV. I just cannot understand the joy one would take from wearing clothing looted from Old Navy or Nordstrom. Protesting is one thing, rioting, burning, and looting are not acceptable components of protesting. No question that a terrible injustice was done by the police officers in Minneapolis. But, that is not a green light for what is happening in our cities. Just felt a need to write something. Covid 19, rioting/burning/looting, and in the near future probably one of the nastiest presidential races in the history of our nation. Jeez, I sure hope we can get in some boat racing this summer/fall/maybe even winter.
JD

The bad part is, if it's like last time this happened, people from outside of the state came in and initiated the violence and destruction. Too bad there are so many sheeple that just have to join in when someone else gets stupid

It is so disheartening to watch what is happening in Seattle right now and what has happened to other cities that have been burned and looted the last few days. It really hits home when the lawlessness and destruction of parts of a beautiful city just 30 miles north of where I live is occurring live on TV. I just cannot understand the joy one would take from wearing clothing looted from Old Navy or Nordstrom. Protesting is one thing, rioting, burning, and looting are not acceptable components of protesting. No question that a terrible injustice was done by the police officers in Minneapolis. But, that is not a green light for what is happening in our cities. Just felt a need to write something. Covid 19, rioting/burning/looting, and in the near future probably one of the nastiest presidential races in the history of our nation. Jeez, I sure hope we can get in some boat racing this summer/fall/maybe even winter.
JD
Jerry,

My son found this the other day, posted by somebody who goes by "UncleSamsMisguidedChildren"....

-------------------
Minneapolis, you were given the world’s stage and hand the worlds ear. EVERYONE was behind you and supported the protests and fight for justice.

The public spoke out against those officers.

Police officers all over the country spoke out against those officers.

Elected officials on both sides of the aisle spoke out against those officers.

ALL races and ethnicities spoke out against those officers.

President Trump spoke out against those officers.

Literally NOBODY wasn't on your side.

...…..And you wasted it. You wasted the platform and opportunity to unite everyone together and coordinate a monumental movement that would have gone down in the history books as a tipping point for reform. Everyone around the world was on your side and listening. And you ruined it.
------------

One can easily substitute just about any city name for "Minneapolis", at this point, and the comment stands true.

UFC fighter Jon Jones was filmed walking the streets of (I think) Las Vegas, confronting rioters, taking away their spray cans, hammers, rocks, whatever, telling them, "This is NOT the way." Kudos.....

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

In every society there is a certain percentage of worthless thugs (of all colors) hidden in the back ground. I hope you can get some good racing time in soon. We all need a good weekend at the track.
-Carl

Latest posts

Back