Seaducer Hooking...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preston.... is that just on the 33" boat? I have the 90/100 boat and have heaps of rudder on that, no hooking issues there (I reckon this is the sweetest handling seaducer made).

I will also try dialing the rudder back, after I have fitted the higher torque servo.

The difference between the X and A mono other than size of course, is the strut angle. When I got my old 90/100 Seaducer I immediately called Jerry and thought that a mistake was made on my strut. The approx. 15 degree angle to the left side (if you are looking at the boat from the back), For that you have to have more throw in your steering servo (at least I did). I also found that the weight and the prop walk of the big boat needs more throw because of the huge strain that is put on the servo!

I'm not a pro, but this is what I found with my seadunker.

Cliff

The difference between the X and A mono other than size of course, is the strut angle. When I got my old 90/100 Seaducer I immediately called Jerry and thought that a mistake was made on my strut. The approx. 15 degree angle to the left side (if you are looking at the boat from the back), For that you have to have more throw in your steering servo (at least I did). I also found that the weight and the prop walk of the big boat needs more throw because of the huge strain that is put on the servo!I'm not a pro, but this is what I found with my seadunker.

Cliff
Well .......yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preston.... is that just on the 33" boat? I have the 90/100 boat and have heaps of rudder on that, no hooking issues there (I reckon this is the sweetest handling seaducer made).
I will also try dialing the rudder back, after I have fitted the higher torque servo.
If it does not hook then I guess it may not apply. However, I don't really see why you want more rudder than you need. I found that over steering was the cause of hooking on both a my Seaducer mono and my Aeromarine cat. Dialed out the over throw and all was good.

If it does not hook then I guess it may not apply. However, I don't really see why you want more rudder than you need. I found that over steering was the cause of hooking on both a my Seaducer mono and my Aeromarine cat. Dialed out the over throw and all was good.
Preston,

I actually believe in having more rudder throw than that required for the course turn radius... mainly for emergency situations where you may have to steer around a boat that dumps in front of you. My dad sets up his boats the way you suggested, but I find them a little doughy to drive (personal preference here).

Anyway, my steering servo has arrived... will get it fitted and tested soon...

The difference between the X and A mono other than size of course, is the strut angle. When I got my old 90/100 Seaducer I immediately called Jerry and thought that a mistake was made on my strut. The approx. 15 degree angle to the left side (if you are looking at the boat from the back), For that you have to have more throw in your steering servo (at least I did). I also found that the weight and the prop walk of the big boat needs more throw because of the huge strain that is put on the servo!I'm not a pro, but this is what I found with my seadunker.

Cliff
I don't understand why the strain on the servo is correct with more steering. That seems like trouble once the servo catches up to what you want it to do . Maybe a stronger servo.

Bottm line is that Jerry knows best and I am only trying to reafirm what he says. After watching what he did with a F boat and my own personal experiences I will never question his direction.

Preston,

I actually believe in having more rudder throw than that required for the course turn radius... mainly for emergency situations where you may have to steer around a boat that dumps in front of you. My dad sets up his boats the way you suggested, but I find them a little doughy to drive (personal preference here).

Anyway, my steering servo has arrived... will get it fitted and tested soon...
I also liked more throw but my gas cat forced that out of me. I would have bet you anything I was not over steering to cause the spin. Guess what? I was.

Back