Seaducer Hooking...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletMaster

Hi guys...

Hoping someone might be able to provide some info here. I am running an e-seaducer 33". Runs great, but having hooking issues in the turns. Currently using a JR DS811 servo (digital with 4kg torque). Should this be enough, or do I require a higher torque servo? Any other suggestions?

I was running a rudder servo that hads 48 ounce torque moved up to one with 60 you need at least 48 ounces of torque on that boat. Robert i am running the jr 351 servo

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert...

4.3kg/cm is equivalent to 60 ounce/inch. So based on that, my servo should be ok? Maybe I'll try an analog 12kg/cm servo that I have kicking about.

Jerry Crowther.... you about?

Rick...

na mate, thanks for the suggestion anyway. Linear steering, no dual rate.

I'll fit the new servo when it arrives and try that.

Hi guys...
Hoping someone might be able to provide some info here. I am running an e-seaducer 33". Runs great, but having hooking issues in the turns. Currently using a JR DS811 servo (digital with 4kg torque). Should this be enough, or do I require a higher torque servo? Any other suggestions?
Turn the steer rate down to approx 50 percent (dual rate)

I have had that problem with Seducers. It is caused by bow steering when the bow is too wet in the turn. The boat will tighten up as it slows down and eventually spin. This can be cured by shimming the top of the rudder bracket to tuck the rudder in. This lifts the bow in the turn. Very little rudder is needed to turn the boat so keep the rudder travel low.

Lohring Miller

How Is the boat running on the water? If you have the boat to loose when it goes in to the corner it will drop the boat and turn very sharp. I know most Electric guys try to run the boat to loose on the water.

Also it does not take a lot of rudder to turn the boat. I run a 70 oz servo in my to mono as I have had smaller servo fail to the strain on them.

Jerry

Hi Jerry! How ya been? Ya know we are looking for a mono forum moderator.... know anybody who might like the job? ;)

Last edited:
Ok Jerry we were looking for you at the lake must have been busy again lol talk to you soon hope you doing ok Robert

thanks guys for the replies.

Lohring.... I will try that after I change the servo. You may actually be onto it.

Jerry.... The boat is not running particularly loose. Dad and I run A-Mono/BMono/XMono and GMono seaducers, so we are not unfamiliar with the brand. I am also running only about 1/4" deflection either way on the rudder throw. Would a forward cofg cause this hooking maybe? (congrats on the engagement too! )

JoeW... see above re-steering throw. Pushrod is set in hole closest to centre on servo and far out on the rudder arm. Ball links are used either end - zero slop.

How Is the boat running on the water? If you have the boat to loose when it goes in to the corner it will drop the boat and turn very sharp. I know most Electric guys try to run the boat to loose on the water.
Jerry
you wanna see loose... come to the I.M.P.B.A. FE-IV straightline time trials in Valdosta in April Mr. Crowther :blink:

Ron

Jerry
you wanna see loose... come to the I.M.P.B.A. FE-IV straightline time trials in Valdosta in April Mr. Crowther :blink:

Ron

You don't mean like this do ya ??? ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL !!!!!!!

I knew that shot would come in handy one day :p :p :p

I STILL say that bird rattled you <_<

2n74i78.jpg

loose as a goose!! :)

Yeah, I dont think the good Capt has noticed it yet, he will none-too happy, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for the hi-jack, I couldnt resist.

Andy

Andy... i noticed

i'm pleased you posted that pic...

why wouldn't i be?

it was an attempted back-up pass to a 68 mph first pass with my fast electric Seaducer FE-33 mono "Miss Tupperware"

i tired to make a tracking-course correction at speed and learned a lesson :)

BTW... that boat set the I.M.P.B.A. Q-Mono straightline record in Sept. '05 and still holds it today running on 18 IB4200's but that will change after FE-IV i'm sure :)

Capt'n Ron

loose as a goose!! :)

Yeah, I dont think the good Capt has noticed it yet, he will none-too happy, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for the hi-jack, I couldnt resist.

Andy

Andy... i noticed

i'm pleased you posted that pic...

why wouldn't i be?

it was an attempted back-up pass to a 68 mph first pass with my fast electric Seaducer FE-33 mono "Miss Tupperware"

i tired to make a tracking-course correction at speed and learned a lesson :)

BTW... that boat set the I.M.P.B.A. Q-Mono straightline record in Sept. '05 and still holds it today running on 18 IB4200's but that will change after FE-IV i'm sure :)

Capt'n Ron

I cant wait to see "Capitol One"- strut its stuff myself......

Between "Miss Tupperware" and "Bam-Bam", you have some wicked fast Seaducers already Ron, and ALWAYS quality work . Doesnt seem like it was 2005 !!!! That record has held its own very well considering the tech changes. Time flies when your having fun eh ?

Andy

Hi guys...
Just like Jerry said.

You need to pay close attention to how much rudder input you have. You want to be able to turn all the way and just go inside the exit bouy. If you have more than that then it is too much. I know you think you only turn the wheel the amount you need but that is not the case.

Set the boat exactly as the intstructions say and it should be fine. I got mine from Jerry with hardware mounted and I did not make one adjustment.

Back