Seaducer 44" Setup,,,, CG quiss!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickard Andersson

I know there is many of you here on IW that have a "black belt" in the Seaducer's! I have a quiss for you, about were the CG should be, in distance from transom (for a Seaducer 44" SD3 with a 91 eng). I know about the setup on the Seaducer web site but there is nothing about were the CG is located. It's the dry CG I'm looking for.

Thanks

Rickard

Install the engine, And tank tray & strut to seaducer specs on web site. The front leading edge of the flywheel is most of the time the CG point of the boat. So engine placement is critical

Last edited by a moderator:
Install the engine, And tank tray & strut to seaducer specs on web site. The front leading edge of the flywheel is most of the time the CG point of the boat. So engine placement is critical
Yep - follow the instructions to the tee , the rest takes care of itself.

I checked mine just for shzts and giggles after I read this thread and Joe is right on , pretty close to the leading edge of the flywheel ;)

Thanks for all inputs,,

CG of 388mm is 34,7%

Setup as on Seaducer page,,,,, and you inputs!!!!

CG of 407mm is 36,4% (glowplug to transom outside , 441mm) - (glowplug to flywheel 35mm)

Rickard

What are the Seaducer hull made off, polyester, vinylester or composit (epoxi), my hull has the number 133, what can One read out of that?

Thanks

Rickard

Thats just a production number Rickard, Jerry could help ya with specifics from that though- how old it is ect. Post a picture of it.

Andy

Thanks maby I will call him, but first I will fill the hull with some iron things, alot of it, then a short walk out on the lake, drill a hole in the ice and then stick it in under the ice. Then walk away and never turn back.

I've just got this "in greate condition" hull as the seller stated!!! It is in bad shape, the bottom is all over! It's not of use for anything. I got this hull to learn more about the concept of hook's and general hull design. And the Seaducer is the "extreme one" in this area.

Well, heads up, keep on moving there is a new day tomorrow,,,,,,,,,new projects to work on!!!

Rickard

What is the best prop for a 90 Seaducer. Hull measures tip yo transom 42 inches. Plan to use a picco 90

Hay Rickard show them a pic of it now after its visit to Asgard. :huh:

Andy will lose it. :wacko:

It has bin defiled. :eek:

David, "The gods have gone beserk on it,,, maybe too much mead!"

First, it is made straight, no more hook's,,,,,, then longer and wider!

About 50" long now!

X-Ducer 00027.JPG

X-Ducer 00031.JPG

X-Ducer 00032.JPG

X-Ducer 00044 (2).JPG

X-Ducer 00046.jpg

X-Ducer 00054.jpg

X-Ducer 00059.JPG

X-Ducer 00063.JPG

Hull # 133 is now in the afterlife!

It is now like everyone else in Asgard, much bigger, stronger and better than before!

Rickard

bild.JPG

The hooks are long gone!!! B) Did bay this hull to learn about the concept of hooks, to setup and run but i't went another way :ph34r:

I do not think it will be any nose job made, why??? :blink:

When i comes to boats, and some of them do get into the dive maneuver, few survive it and stay above the surface while others continue down into the depths, and may never come up. I want to define this phenomenon in two parts:

Why does the boat do a dive maneuver and how well and why can a boat pass a dive maneuver?

Here are some pictures from my vector mono, it literally throws itself into a dive. Why does it and why did it pass it to stay above the surface?

Because of an incorrect setup, it would appear, but thanks to the blunt and chubby nose, which means that it has a fairly short bow which in turn means that it has a relatively long keel.

Rickard

Vector 00127.jpg

Vector 00126.jpg

Vector 00128.jpg

Vector 00129.jpg

Vector 00125.jpg

Vector 00130.jpg

Vector 00132.jpg

Vector 00124.jpg

Vector 00121.jpg

Vector 00131.jpg

Ok, now it's mounted, top and bottom. I did try to tweek it for a little higher nose, keel vs deck line. I want to have the strakes closer to the keel, therfore I did cut the bottom above the strakes. I might also extend the keel, make the straight part of it longer,,,, now the bow curve ends far back on the hull. I will redo and extend the strakes by my own head, hull lengh vs CG vs CL = ????

My guess is that the round keel at the front comes from helping the hull from not hooking,,,,,,, I might make it sharper then at the same time the keel would be longer and thats good for rough water racing.

Rickard

004.JPG

006.JPG

003.JPG

Back